The Dominican Republic
Country Project- The Americas
For my research project I decided to do the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is located in the Caribbean islands and its capital is Santo Domingo. Lots of people go to the Dominican for it beaches and the feel of being in paradise. Some points of interest are...
- Bavaro beach
- Cap Cana Resort (Juanillo)
- Catalina Island
- Santa Maria, Cathedral
The official language of The Dominican Republic is Spanish. Many people there speak English as well though making tourism for tourists easy.
1. Chen-Chen- cracked corn pilaf dish
2, Mangu- Deep fried salami meat
3, Chimmichurris- hamburgers topped with cabbage slaw
Holidays and Traditions
- The Meringue- played by many instruments to a fast paced beat
- Sacred and played at many ceremonies is the Palo a type of music that is native to the Dominican
- Dominican Rock- popular to all ages