BY: RYLEIGH RALLS
How Do I Use Search Terms (keywords) Effectively in Finding Information?
- Go to the Lakeview Home Page
- About Our School
- Media Center
- General/Primary Resources
- Ebsco Host
- Explora- Middle School
- Advanced Search
- Search what you are looking for
How Do I Decide Rather My Source is Credible?
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- Can I Find This Information on Other Sites As Well?
- Is this site Credible?
How Do I Tell the Difference Between Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing?
- Quoting- Putting quotation marks around the authors work. (not the whole thing, just a sentence or two.)
- Paraphrasing- Putting what the author said into your own words.
- Summarizing- Putting what the author said into a description of your own words.
- With all 3, you still have to give credit to the author.
What is Plagiarism and How Do I Avoid It?
You can avoid plagiarism by: quoting SOME of the author's work, paraphrase the work, or you can summarize the work
(with all 3 ways, you still have to give credit with all of the ways to avoid plagiarism)
What is MLA Citation?
A "Works Cited Page" is the same as an Annotated Bibliography.
In- text citations: First using a paraphrase and then using a direct quotation.
- Youtube- MLA in-text citations- by Columbia Gorge Community College