Miner Bee Messenger
TES Family Updates
We have the chance to support families in our community!
The holidays can be a stressful time for families and I invite you to help make someone's holiday a little brighter. TES has teamed up with Angel Baskets to collect items for families they are supporting this year. They have asked for the following donations for a special treat. If you can bring in an item, that would be a big help in filling these bags! We will have a big box for our donations on Monday! We will be collecting these all next week!
1 lb bag of popcorn
1 lb bag granola
14 oz can of hot chocolate
Telluride Truffle milk chocolate bar
8 oz bag of mixed nuts
8 oz bag of mixed dried fruit
4.5 oz hand soap
We appreciate your help!
Pre-arranged or Daily Absences
Just a reminder to complete the pre-arranged absence form if you know you are going to be out of school. Here is the form: Pre-arranged Absence Form
Please email TESattendance@telluride.k12.co.us for daily absences. Thank you!
Important Dates: Mark You Calendars
Saturday, December 3rd:
- TES Christmas Sales at TIS 12:00-5:00 p.m.
- Papa Noel @ TES Gym 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Monday, December 5th:
- Reading Rockets 3:15-4:15 p.m.
Tuesday, December 6th:
- Early release at 1:50 p.m.
- TES Accountability Meeting: Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 825 4452 7810 Passcode: 506276
Wednesday, December 7th:
Thursday, December 8th:
- Reading Rockets begins 3:15-4:15 p.m.
Friday, December 9th:
Telluride Education Foundation: Christmas Sales
December 1st-4th and 8th -11th
Check out the flyer below for more information!
Wednesday, December 14th
- TES Volunteer Meeting on December 14th at 8:20am
- December School Board meetings and gatherings can be found here.
- December breakfast and lunch menu here
- Telluride Education Foundation will be selling Christmas trees, wreathes, garland and sweet treats for the upcoming holiday season. Please click https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4EACA723A6FBC25-christmas to sign up and help out with a shift or two! There will be a festive area with fire pits to keep warm!
- Sheridan Opera House has family some family friendly events in the next few weeks.
- Friday, Dec. 2-Sunday, Dec. 4: Young People's Theater's Beauty and the Beast, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: Nexus Ski Film, 5:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 8: Teton Gravity Research's Magic Hour, 5:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m.
- Telluride Fire Festival Radiant Revival – Friday December 2nd. Students get in free to family friendly shows with a paid adult. https://telluridefirefestival.org/schedule-at-a-glance/
Snowcats: The Telluride Nordic Center is offering the Snowcats program as an afterschool option this February for our youngest nordic athletes. The program will run for four weeks beginning the first week of February. Skiers will meet at the Nordic Center at 3:30 p.m. They will be skiing from 3:45- 4:45 p.m. Parents or guardians must pick up skiers by 5:00 p.m.
Ages and Days:
Kindergarten- Mondays in February (2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27)
Second Grade- Thursdays in February (2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23)
First Grade- Fridays in February (2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24)
The cost for four sessions is $65 and includes rental gear. We need at least one parent volunteer to ski with the kids during each session. Let us know if you are available to help for a session by emailing email@example.com
Sign up here: https://www.telluridenordic.com/snowcats
El Telluride Nordic Center está ofreciendo el programa Snowcats como una opción después de la escuela este mes de febrero para nuestros atletas nórdicos más jóvenes. El programa durará cuatro semanas a partir de la primera semana de febrero. Los esquiadores se reunirán en el Nordic Center a las 3:30 PM Estarán esquiando de 3:45 a 4:45 PM. Los padres o tutores deben recoger a los esquiadores a las 5:00 PM.
Edades y Días:
Kindergarten- Lunes en Febrero (2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27)
Segundo Grado- Jueves en Febrero (2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23)
Primer Grado- Viernes en Febrero (2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24)
El costo de cuatro sesiones es $65 e incluye el equipo de alquiler. Necesitamos por lo menos un padre voluntario para esquiar con los niños durante cada sesión. Háganos saber si está disponible para ayudar en una sesión por correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up here: https://www.telluridenordic.com/snowcats
- Tri County Health can help with open enrollment when individuals and families can sign up for a health insurance plan through the Colorado Marketplace, Connect for Health Colorado. Individuals can apply between November 1 through December 15 for a January 1 effective date of coverage or til January 15 for coverage to start in February. Remember this is the only time of the year folks can sign up if they want commercial coverage for 2023, unless they have a life-changing event.
New this year is the OmniSalud option. This is a new program that provides the opportunity for Colorado's immigrant community to purchase affordable health insurance, regardless of their immigration status through Colorado Connect. Eligible individuals may even be able to access a $0/month premium plan with financial help. To qualify, an individual must earn no more than $1,699/month or a family of 4 must earn no more than $3,469/month. To apply copies of IDs and proof of income are not required. It is important to note that information collected during the enrollment process remains private and cannot be shared with any federal agency nor can it be used for immigration enforcement. This type of health insurance coverage and financial assistance are not considered when making public charge determinations.
Sign up to Volunteer with the Telluride Education Foundation
Links for TES Families
Background Check for Field Trip chaperones and classroom volunteers
Please use TESAttendance@telluride.k12.co.us for any attendance notifications
2022-23 District Calendar
TSD School Bus Schedule