January 29th, 2016
Congratulations to David for earning the lead part in the play Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon at PVPN Community Theater in Westmont. The show dates are March 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, and 26! All are at 7:00 except for Sunday, March 20 which is at 2. Performances are at Westmont High School.
Thanks so much to Vickie and Zohaib for inviting the Woodridge Mayor and Dr. Skinner to see a presentation by Student Council. Our amazing student leaders did a wonderful job!!!
Great job continuing the Google Challenge!
Data Review Follow Up
During our data reviews, we determined whether students were making adequate individual growth and took steps to identify or adjust Tier II and Tier III services. Many of you have adjusted your core instruction if the data indicated less than 80% of your students were responding to core instruction. Great job embedding student self-assessment and goal setting.
Here are a few post data review reminders...
- Classroom teachers are responsible for filling out IPFs so that all interventions can accurately be entered into Skyward. PLEASE see me, Barb, Michele, etc. for help with filling out the forms. We're more than happy to help.
- Please know that if a classroom-based intervention is indicated on the IPF, such as a double dose of Fundations, fluency intervention, Lexia, etc, a commitment was made to ensuring the intervention will be implemented with fidelity. For tracking purposes, it's important that what was committed to is what is in place on a consistent basis.
- Mary and Brenda will complete any necessary diagnostic testing this week and will email the results and group recommendations upon completion. If necessary, we can meet to hash out the details.
- Mary and Brenda will not be able to pull groups this week. However, all other groups, feel free to continue with DEB if your plan is in place this week.
- Updated DEB letters need to be completed (by classroom teachers) and sent to parents. Please also call parents to explain their child's intervention services, if necessary.
- Classroom teachers, please adjust DEB instruction based on winter benchmarking data. DEB groups are required to continue no later than Monday, February 8th.
PARCC announced in the fall a great resource for schools to begin preparing for the April administration. Interested staff are encouraged to go to www.prc.parcconline.org. To access this resource, Illinois educators enter the code IL1818 after filling out the log-in screen.
The following items can be found to assist teachers and administrators:
- PARCC Released Items
- Item Bank
- Technology Readiness
- Professional Learning
Notes and Reminders
- We're almost done with ACCESS testing! Thank you for your flexibility and for keeping the halls quiet during testing.
- Notify me immediately if you do not have access to Pearson for PARCC. Most non-classroom teachers do not need access.
- Those that are on Twitter - Please continue to let the community know the amazing things your students are doing in your classrooms. Don't forget to use #meadlearns.
For collaboration purposes, it's an A week.
Monday, February 1st
Monday Meeting, Certified Staff Only
School Board Meeting, 7:30pm, JJH
Buffalo Wild Wings PTO Restaurant Fundraiser
Tuesday, February 2nd
Admin Meeting (Reg out in AM)
RtI Meeting in PM
Wednesday, February 3rd
Grades Due 8am (No Exceptions)
Thursday, February 4th
Enjoy the day!
Friday, February 5th
Report Cards Go Home
Mark Your Calendars...
Monday, February 8th - EL Achieve Training (Janet and Linda out)
Tuesday, February 9th - EL Achieve Admin Training (Reg out)
Wednesday, February 10th - Papa's Pizza PTO Restaurant Fundraiser
Thursday, February 11th - Half Day of School for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- No School for EC/Pre-K
- Half-day schedule for K-6
- Kindergarten sessions will be AM 8:20 to 10:00 and then PM students attend from 10:00 to 11:40 AM
- Grades 1-6 dismissal at 11:40 AM
Friday, February 12th - No School, Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, February 15th - No School, Presidents Day
Tuesday, February 16th - Assessment and Grading Taskforce Meeting
Thursday, February 18th - PTO Meeting, 6:30pm, EC/PreK representing
Friday, February 19th - 5th Grade Robert Crown Field Trip in AM
Friday, February 19th - PTO Movie Night, 6:30pm
Monday, February 22nd - Monday Meeting, 3pm
Monday, February 22nd - School Board Meeting, 7:30pm, JJH
Tuesday, February 23rd - Admin Meeting, Reg out in AM
Wednesday, February 24th - Science Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 25th - Band Concert (PM)