Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Pilot
What you need to know about your child's 1:1 iPad experience
Purchasing a Case
Every iPad needs to have a case to protect the front, back, and corners of the iPad. This will help shield the iPad from damage. We highly recommend the use of an Otterbox Defender case or one that provides the same level of protection. Sprague school has had great success with Otterbox Defender cases. In the 3 years that Mr. Schreurs has used iPads with Otterbox cases in his classroom he has not had a single iPad damaged. Consider shopping online to get the best price and widest selection. Many retail stores price match with Amazon.com with identical items if you do not want to wait or pay for shipping.
To ensure the learning and the safety of all students, Sprague School students, parents, and staff agree to read and following these expectations:
- As with other personally owned items, the school shall not be liable for the loss, damage, misuse, or theft of personally owned devices brought to school. All preventive and routine maintenance and required and emergency service will be administered by the owner of the device. These services include:
-virus/malware scans or removal
- Devices are for educational use only. Violation of this expectation will result in loss of use.
- While on school grounds, devices will only be turned on when permitted by the teacher.
- Personally owned devices used in school are not permitted to connect to the Internet through a 3G, 4G or other content service provider. Personally owned devices must access the Internet via the school’s content-filtered wireless network.
- Students are not allowed to take their devices out of the classroom unless authorized by the classroom teacher.
- Students shall not photograph or video anyone without their knowledge and permission. Cameras are to be used only with permission from the teacher.
- Use of the device must be in support of curriculum and research and consistent with the goals stated above.
- Students may access school email accounts under the approval of and under the supervision of a teacher. Outside email accounts may not be accessed.
- All devices will be secured stored in the classroom at all times.
- Parents will work with the teacher to decide if their child should bring their iPad home each night, or on the weekends. Families are responsible for returning the iPad to school fully charged.