Welcome Back with Mrs. Davis!!!
I am looking forward to another awesome year of learning together!
A Paraeducator is defined as a school employee who works under the supervision of teachers or other professional practitioners. Their jobs are instructional in nature and they provide other direct services to youth and their families.
Paraeducators provide instructional support which includes:
- support a safe, positive teaching and learning environment
- assist in physical and intellectual development
- provide instructional assistance with technology
- support social, emotional, and behavioral development
- establish positive and productive relationships
- practice ethical and professional standards of conduct
- provide instructional support services under the direct supervision of a highly qualified teacher
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
8 a.m. - ALL District Kick-Off at First Christian Church with Dr. Tim Westerberg http://timwesterberg.com/
Friday, August 19
10 a.m. - All Special ED meeting with Mrs. Davis in the library (teachers & paras)
If you get a moment, please check out the link below from the Iowa Department of Education on paraeducator practices. It has wonderful information on how you can best serve the teachers and all learners at KHS!