"America's Deepest Pit"
Explore Ellison's cave
Located in Walker county Georgia, on Pigeon mountain
- Ellisons Cave is the 12th deepest in the United States
- The deepest unobstructed vertical pit in the lower 48 states
- 586 feet tall
- 12 miles of underground pathways
- Extends 1063 feet vertically
Ellison's Cave is for experienced cavers only
- Ellison's cave is generally explored by only the most experienced and capable cavers . Beginning cavers will most likely be discouraged from entering the cave due to its massive depth . the vertical sections of the cave require extensive knowledge and practice of single rope technique climbing, including heavy ropes in wet environments.
- The horizontal portions of the cave feature technical and somewhat dangerous free climbing and bouldering environments. proper training, gear, and clothing are essential .
Plunging Into The Abyss And Down The Earth's Deepest Cave. It's A Different World Down There...