BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 34: 4/12 - 4/16
Dear Buena Vista Families
This Week: Parent Conferences
- 4/12 - 4/13 : Monday and Tuesday: Parent/Teacher Conference Days
- Students will sign-in on Zoom at 8:00am with their teacher to receive directions for the day.
- Students will work independently at home while their parents and teachers conference, based on prior scheduled time.
- Student Meals: Meals will still be offered for pickup during parent teacher conferences on April 12th and 13th from 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM.
- 4/15: Wednesday - Regular Wednesday Schedule: 8:00 am -10:30 am on Zoom with teachers.
- 4/15 - 4/16 Students return to AM/PM Schedule
This newsletter also includes:
- Upcoming events - including how to order yearbook.
- Kindergarten registration - information.
- Our sixth recorded music lesson for 3rd to 6th grade.
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- YMCA has room for additional students -flyer on how to apply.
- 2021 Parent Summer Program Flyers English & Spanish see link: Parent Flyers
- Important - We are currently developing the LUSD Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) for 2021-24 to include goals, actions, and services to support the success of all students. The LCAP development process should result in a plan that reflects decisions made through meaningful stakeholder engagement.
We encourage ALL stakeholders (parents, administrators, teachers, staff, students, and community members) to complete this survey by Wednesday, April 14th. Thank you! https://forms.gle/uTgERUtfNzmLQ9pt6
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
UPCOMING EVENTS -
- 4/23 Deadline to order BV yearbook. Use the attached link to order your yearbook: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1094754/Buena-Vista-Elementary-School/2021-Yearbook/2021032604151564770/CATALOG_SHOP/
- 5/4 - 5/7 TK/K Registration
- 5/28 Non-student Day (No School)
- 5/31 Holiday, no school (Memorial Day)
- 6/10 Last Day of School (Minimum Day)
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #6: FOR 3RD - 6TH GRADE STUDENTS
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks for in person
- School bus will be available as usual for students who need busing.
- See the attached flyer for the AM/PM schedule.
FREE ONLINE CLASSES FOR THE FAMILY
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Mask
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- RESPONSIBLE- Stay on task, follow directions, complete all assignments, take care of personal belongings etc.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- There is a difference between "Not Knowing" and "Not Knowing YET"
- Feedback is a gift.
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.