St Pius X Youth E-Date
October 18, 2018
In this week's Youth E-Date
- NEW This Sunday's Gospel & Monthly Reflection for Families
- Youth Nite Schedule
- Find Comfort in the Ancient Prayer of the Rosary
- Youth Nite this Sunday! Oct 21
- Teen Leadership Team - Oct 28
- Special Youth Nite at Holy Ghost Church Oct 28
- The Hands of Christ Recognition Due Nov 10
- Special Diocesan Junior High Event Nov 10
- Apple Pies for Veterans Nov 12
- NCYC Planning Meeting - Nov 13
How to Pray the Rosary
Has it been a while since you've prayed the rosary? It's a simple and powerful prayer - check this link to find out how to connect to this ancient prayer form
Youth Nite October 21
How do we Know Jesus?
Can science prove that God doesn’t exist? Many prominent scientists seem to think so. But science can only prove things that they can see, hold and quantify. Science can’t prove love and science doesn’t have a way to quantify grace or forgiveness both of which can change a life. We will take 2 weeks and explore how God reveals God’s Self to humanity through the cosmic intersection of science AND faith!
NCYC 2019 Planning Meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 13th, 6:30-7:30pm
We are working on some creative ideas for fundraisers in December. Parents please come & lend your expertise and time!
Teens Leading at St Pius Tenth Church!
Learn leadership skills, put those skills to use by planning and running classes for children, plan events for parish teens, help write Youth Nite Sessions, retreats and serve in the community.
Diocesan Day Retreat for Junior Highers - Nov 10th 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Pray the City on a Walking pilgrimage with Sr. Donna DelSanto SSJ
- Engage in Service
- Attend Mass
- Learn about respect fore all of creation and the Seven Principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Only $10!
- Open to all youth in grades 6-8 pm
To register contact Barb.Legere@dor.org
The Hands of Christ Recognition
The Hands of Christ is a recognition program created by the Diocese of Rochester to assist parishes in affirming their high school seniors who have been the “Hands of Christ” in their church, home, school and community, sponsored by the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis. Recognized seniors are invited to receive a plaque from the Most Reverend Bishop Salvatore R. Matano at one of three special Recognition Ceremonies to be held in February 2019. This year St Pius X Church is honored to host one of these Recognition Ceremonies.
The Criteria to receive this very special recognition:
- Is currently a high school senior.
- Has consistently demonstrated a Christian attitude by word and example.
- Has been actively involved in the parish as well as their school or community.
- Has been a positive role model to their peers, younger children and adults.
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic in a parish in the Diocese of Rochester and attends Mass.
To find out more about this Recognition program and get a nomination form visit http://saintpiustenth.org/parish-life/youth/hands-of-christ-recognition/
Special Youth Nite Hallow’een Meeting October 28 at Holy Ghost Cemetery & Nellis Center
On Sunday, October 28th our meeting will be held at Holy Ghost Cemetery & Nellis Center where we will be walking to the cemetery, then we’ll head into the Nellis Center for doughnuts, hot cocoa & discussion about death, grief and our hope of eternal life. While we’re at the cemetery we will have a skit that will help us think about the real meaning of the Gospel in our lives (death & resurrection, remember?).
Please dress warmly! Parents are needed & welcome walk with the group & are welcome to participate in the whole evening. Permission slips (below) are required unless your parents are present.
Parents - please email me if you'd like to join us!
Save the Date: Apple Pies for Veterans on Veterans Day!
The St Pius X youth are invited to come together at St Pius School on Veterans Day (Monday, Nov 12, 9-Noon) to make apple pies to give as a Thank You to a Veteran. Each teen will bring the ingredients for 1 pie and we’ll work together to make pies to thank Veterans for their service. Do you know a vet? You can take your pie home & give it to them. Don’t know a Vet? Help deliver pies to the VFW in Chili!