What will school look like next week?
what you'll find, as you scroll...
This edition of the District Dish features the following:
- VIDEO | What will school look like next week?
- NEW | Transition Advisory Committee (TAC) webpage
- NEED YOUR HELP! | Now Hiring
- MAP UPDATE | 3rd-8th Grade Families
- CHANGES | Step 3, Hybrid Plan (page 18)
- Feel GOOD Stories!
- AHC PTA SUPPORT | Managing E-learning with your child: Q & A with a Therapist
- NEW TIME | Food Distribution Plan
Thank you! Click around and enjoy!
WHAT WILL SCHOOL LOOK LIKE NEXT WEEK?
Please remember that this is just a District overview. Your building will provide specific details that make sense for how your school operates.
new webpage | stay up to date
In an attempt to keep you and the community informed on the progress and discussion of the Transition Advisory Committee, we have created a page on our site that houses the following information:
- TAC Communications Schedule
- TAC Member Breakdown
- Meeting Agendas
- Meeting Notes/Minutes
- Documents, Resources, & Statistics
Visit www.sd25.org/TAC to check out the TAC page.
- Student and staff positive COVID-19 cases
- Students and staff in isolation/quarantine and thus are excluded from school
- The numbers above broken down by school
- COVID-19 trends in District 25
That will become public next week and will be available here:
help us make this jump to hybrid successful!
Lunch & Recess Supervisors
- Thomas | 8 people for 11:00am - 1:30pm
- Ivy Hill | 7 people for 11:40am -1:15pm
- Westgate | 6 people for 11:40am - 1:10 pm
- Dryden | 6 people for 12:15 - 1:15 pm
- Olive | 5 people for 12:15-1:15
- Greenbrier | 3 people for 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
- Work when you want. Sub when you want.
APPLY HERE: www.sd25.org/Apply
3rd - 8th grade families:
I am happy to report that for the past couple of weeks, NWEA MAP assessment system has been operating without issue. With some students returning soon to in-person learning, it is advantageous to begin MAP testing after the students return to school. Testing students in-person will allow teacher proximity for students who may need additional support and ensure that tech issues can be solved in-person with our specialists. Therefore, our new fall MAP window will run between October 19th-November 11th. The schools will share the specific grade-level testing dates with our third- through eighth-grade families once those dates are scheduled. Students who elect for entirely remote instruction will be provided the option to test remotely or in-person. More information about these testing options will be shared with these families next week.
We appreciate our families’ flexibility as we adjusted to unplanned technological issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Department of Student Learning
Today we have updated the travel quarantine guidance on page 18. Here is the change:
USED TO BE:
A student who travels to an area of high risk (as noted by the IDPH) will be required to quarantine for 14 days per IDPH guidelines.
FEEL GOOD SECTION
Struggling with E-learning at home?
The Arlington Heights Council of PTAs invites all D25 parents to an evening with Kristen Marzolf, LCSW, SEP, Founder and Director of the Family Resilience Group.
Kristen Marzolf, LCSW, SEP is the Founder and Director of the Family Resilience Group, an organization of therapists in North Arlington Heights. Her focus is on building strong families and understanding struggles from a trauma perspective. You will have the chance to submit questions both before (via the RSVP) and during the event. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing E-learning with your Child: Q & A with a Therapist
Monday, October 12, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm, via Zoom
Please RSVP here, and we will send you the Zoom link closer to the date.
new morning time for food distribution
There is a new morning pickup time for food distribution. The new morning time is 9:30 am - 10:30 am. All other details will remain the same. Please see our updated video below for a refresher on the process and times.
UPDATED PICKUP DETAILS | PLEASE WEAR A MASK
- Day: Every Wednesday BEGINNING OCTOBER 14
- Time: 9:30 am - 10:30 am & 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Where: Thomas Middle School ONLY
- Who: Meals are FREE to all families with students age 18 and under
- Important Notes: You are allowed to pick up for those who cannot make it.