Week of August 31st
Dear Fulton Families,
We hope that you had a restful weekend and are excited for our upcoming events! We are eagerly preparing at FES to provide your family with curriculum materials, yearbooks (if purchased last year), and a fun welcome back surprise to start the new year off right. To help you prepare for the beginning of school, we wanted to provide you with a few reminders.
As always, as you review the information- if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Parents of students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals (FARMs) must submit a new application every school year. Please visit the Food Services website for more information.
Student Canvas Orientations
Parents/guardians can complete Family File by logging into HCPSS Connect, selecting the More Options tab on the left, and then selecting Family File in the center column.
Resources on how to access Family File may be found online, including instructions on how to reset passwords.
Immunizations are required by state law to attend school, including virtually, and are vital for children’s overall health and wellness. To help Howard County students obtain the necessary immunizations, HCPSS Health Services continues to partner with the Howard County Health Department and the Maryland Partnership for Prevention to offer several immunization clinics for any student who may need them.
HCPSS students may attend a clinic at any location, however pre-registration is required. For more information, please review this website.
School Supply Lists
Virtual Instruction Responsibilities, Expectations, and Best Practices
Dates to Remember
- September 2nd Students find out who their Homeroom and Math teachers are. Be sure to check your email. :)
- September 2nd Beep & Greet 4th & 5th Grade (Click here for more details.)
- September 3rd Beep & Greet 2nd & 3rd Grade (Click here for more details.)
- September 4th Beep & Greet Prek-1st Grade (Click here for more details.)
- September 4th Virtual Open House (Homeroom teachers will be sending you log-in information)
- September 8th First Day of School K-5
- September 10th First Day of School PreK & RECC
- September 22nd K-4th grade Back to School Night 6:00 (Stay tuned for more information.)
- September 24th GT Information Session 5:30pm, 5th Grade Back to School Night 6:00 (Stay tuned for more information.)
Fulton Elementary School
Leslie Brickner, Assistant Principal
Molly Caroland, Assistant Principal