The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, December 07, 2015
Events This Week!
HOUR OF CODE - THIS WEEK!!!
How to: https://hourofcode.com/us/how-to
Get Started: https://code.org/learn
Monday afternoon for Ad Council
Thursday morning for a conference through GISD
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 of our Observations are done and I will begin Round 2 this week. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (CP) Curriculum & Pedagogy and (CEC) Classroom Environment & Culture for our Round 2 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- Staff Breakfast is Thursday, Dec. 17
- Our Holiday Concerts are Friday, Dec. 18
DOWN THE ROAD...
- Christmas Break is Wed., Dec. 23 - Friday, Jan. 1, 2016
- School Resumes Monday, Jan. 4, 2016