HMC-1 Off Campus Programming
Greetings Ruskin High School Families!
Herndon Career Center, Southland CAPS, and Summit Technology Academy
Herndon Career Center (located in Raytown)
- Automotive Collision/Technology, Industrial & Agriculture Mechanics
- Construction Technology, Welding, Industrial Engineering
- Advertising & Graphic Design, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts
- Foundations of Nursing, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Technician
Southland CAPS (locations vary)
- Animal Health Science
- Education Exploration
- Environmental Planning
- Technology Solutions
Summit Technology Academy (located in Lee's Summit)
- Digital Electronics, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Engineering
- Network Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity
- Medical Interventions, Professional Nursing, Allied Health
- International Studies, Teacher Prep Academy, Business Finance
- Digital Media Technology
**All programs open to 11th and 12th graders. Some criteria exist and students must apply to get in.
MCC - BTC Pre-Engineering Early College Program
9th & 10th grade students should get a head start on this program by taking Intro to Engineering (IED) and Principles of Engineering (POE) at Ruskin.
Avila Teacher Prep Program
- 9th Grade - Discovering FACS
- 10th Grade - Psychology & Child Development 1/2
- 11th Grade - Southland CAPS Education Exploration
- 12th Grade - Avila Teacher Prep (6 hours of paid college credit) & Cadet Teaching
- Business & Finance Institute (BFI) - BFI is open to all students grades 9-12. Through this program, students visit various business/industry sites in Kansas City, go on college visits, have assigned business mentors, participate in an intensive summer experience, and can earn dual credit sponsorship.
- Pathways to Technology @ Cerner - Pathways to Tech is open to students in grades 11-12. This program is held on the Cerner campus for half a day and is for students interested in technology related careers. Students earn college credit and have the opportunity to apply for an internship at Cerner.
- Health Start - Health Start is open to students in grades 10-12 and is for those who are interested in careers in the health field. Students earn dual credit (fully paid) through MCC Penn Valley and have the opportunity to graduate with their CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) or Pharmacology Tech license.
- Pathways to Design Academy (NEW in 20-21) - This program is open to students in grades 10-12 who are interested in graphic design, marketing, or journalism. More details coming soon!
- Law Academy - This is a paid summer internship program for students interested in possible careers in law. Applications come out in spring of each year and it is open to students in grades 10-12.