Evangelization Weekly Bulletin
05-10-2016 This Week's FYI's
Office of Special Needs Ministry
- Met with Loyola Press representative to discuss presentation
- Camp GLOW sessions are filing rapidly
- Discussion with Catholic Review Visual Journalist for video on Camp GLOW
- St. Brigid parish request for sacramental preparation assistance
- Scheduled meeting with music minister – Camp GLOW
- Scheduled meeting with two camp companions
- Welcome Sue Gudenkauf!!
- Mass for Deaf community in Frederick
- Request for interpreter for sacramental preparation St. Stephen, Bradshaw
- Request for interpreters for upcoming Archdiocesan ordinations
Office of Worship
- We are preparing for Confirmation on Pentecost Sunday-May 15, 2016 at the Cathedral.
- We have 118 candidates from 30 parishes (Almost double the candidates from October 2015).
- Working with Deacon Tim Maloney regarding Liturgy and with Cathedral Staff on logistics.
CATECHETICAL AND PASTORAL:
- We welcomed Natasha Wilson to our staff on Monday
- Retreat for Health Care Ministers drew 49 participants and was a good experience
- Villanova meeting on Church Management resulted in an offer of forming a cohort of 5 or more and they will receive 50% tuition break
- Tim Hogan updates were well received for Family Life
Marriage & Family Life
- Conducting a sponsor couple training at St. Paul, EC on 5/14
- We are working with Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions, on the New Marriage Rite workshop that will be held at Resurrection, EC. July 20, 2016
- Giving a talk in Western MD on the Joy of Love on May 26
Division of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- The job posting for the position of Coordinator of College and Young Adult Ministry will go out this week. The hope is to have someone hired to begin by July 1
- HiLI meetings and orientations continue and the total number of participants is currently at 36
- The meeting for the New Youth Ministers Orientation is this week
- Discussion is happening this week at OLPH in Ellicott City around initiatives and support for junior high ministry
Respect Life Office
- Visit the Sick retreat for those who minister to the ill and home-bound was conducted at St. Joseph-Cockeysville on Sat., May 7 with 49 people attending. Fr. Ray Chase conducted the retreat.
- May 10 - Johanna’s Due Date
- Fortnight for Freedom – June 21-July 4: Archbishop will celebrate this in the Archdiocese. Opening Mass at the Basilica on June 21, which will coincide with visit of relics of St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, both martyrs for religious freedom. RLO will work with Communications office again to promote/plan as requested.
- Project Rachel: Dates set for upcoming retreats: Come to the Waters of Healing (1-day retreat) Sat., Sept. 10, Nov. 19, Apr. 8; Rachel’s Vineyard weekend retreat Oct. 14-16, Mar. 17-19.
- Maryland March for Life: Planning for and setting Annapolis 101 sessions on faithful citizenship and the legislative process around the state throughout summer and fall in 8 locations. Annapolis 201 to occur again in February in Annapolis. We expect physician-assisted suicide to continue to be on the legislative agenda next session.
Our May Crowning
The May Crowning was held in the foyer- 5/10 and went very well! Thank you to Deacon Bill Fleming, Alex Danter, Rosanne Deludos and all who assisted with it!
| || |
- Cancelled "Mass in the Absence of a Priest" due to lack of participants. 1 person registered.
- Invited to attend the signing of bill 1006-Justice Reinvestment Act by Governor Hogan's office on May 19 at 10:30 am.
- Have meeting with Office of Black Catholics Thursday on vocations.
Monsignor O'Dwyer Retreat House $10,000 Annual Raffle
Friday, June 3rd, 6:30pm
Monsignor O'Dwyer Retreat House 15523 York Rd, Sparks Glencoe, MD 21152
The Board of Directors will meet on May 10th for the last time of school year.