For children ages 3 to 5!
What is Preschool Storytime?
These skills are:
- phonological awareness
- print motivation
- narrative skills
- print awareness
- letter knowledge.
Why should my child and I come to Storytime?
- Storytime is more fun than a barrel of monkeys and we are learning as well!
- Children are able to develop skills that will help them be successful as they soon begin life as a student.
- Parents are able to learn as well! Mrs. Whittaker offers takeaways for parents about reading together and developing early literacy skills at home.
What can I do to make the most of Storytime?
- Get here early! Arrive 10 minutes early to check in at the front office with your Drivers License!
- Participate! (Yeah, we might walk like an elephant here or there, but I promise not to tell on you if you won't tell on me!)
- No food or toys, please!
- Take upset children outside until they calm down.
- Talk with your child about Storytime stories and activities!
- Continue repeating rhymes and activities from Storytime at home!
March Storytime Theme - Spring!
If April shower bring May flowers - what do Mayflowers bring?? Pilgrims!
That might be a really corny joke, but we are talking about all the fun things about Spring!
We will read stories, sing songs, and play games all related to our dearly loved friend - Spring!
Thursday, March 23rd, 11-11:30am
15601 Christopher Lane
RSVPs are enabled for this event.