By Sruthi, Kathryn, and Ashley
- Grandpa told the tale of pale Dale.
- The rain beat down against the window pane.
- The cat jumped on my mother's back.
verbal exchange between two or more.
- "How are you", I asked my mom.
"I'm fine, thank you", she replied.
- "Can you pick me up after school", she desperately asked.
"No, I'm going to be at work", she answered.
- Ice- (noun) Water is that is in frozen form
- Heat- (noun) the degree of hotness; temperature
Dialect is a socially distinct variety of a language that differs in phonology, grammar, vocabulary, or pronunciation
- South U.S- Y’all North U.S- You guys
- U.K. - i fancy romance movies U.S.- i like romance movies
Characterization is the process by which the writer reveals the personality of a character
- The patient boy and the quiet girl were both well mannered and did not disobey their mother.
- Bob was very clumsy and ran into big objects
Conflict is a struggle between opposing forces in a story or play, usually resolved by the end of the work.
- Man vs. Man- A friend telling you that you could never accomplish anything
- Man vs. Self- You being too scared to accomplish something
- It’s raining outside but i wanted to go jet skiing
Connotation is the feeling or association that a word or phrase evokes in addition to its literal meaning.
- Idiot or Jerk referring to someone brings a negative feeling
- Pal or Buddy brings a positive feeling