Final Recovery Week 1 - 水曜日
すいようび - レッスン９ を ふくしゅうしましょう！ Let's review Lesson 9!
Here's what is happening today:
- Project help night tonight at 7:00 PM!
- Work on your Final Project
- Work on your Final LinguaFolio Project
- GO TO COACHING it is required this week - you must attend as scheduled. It will count for a regular grade.
- Submit any assignments that you have not submitted from lessons 9 through 15 for late credit.
Also, don't forget:
- Vote for Language Coach of the Year!
- Take the NCVPS Student survey!
Be sure to SCROLL DOWN AND complete the Bonus Point Opportunities! There are two:
- "find and correct the mistakes" (nobody has been able to correct all the mistakes yet!!)
- AND another bonus assignment for students who attended last night culture cafe!
Project Help Night is tonight at 7:00 PM! Just go to "Beaver Sensei's Classroom" At the top of the list of links in the course!
↓ Review Lesson 9 ↓
Do you remember the three different categories of verbs?
Some う-verbs you already know:
Some る-verbs you already know:
There are only TWO!
Not sure if it's an う-verb or a る-verb?
jisho.org is a free-for-use online dictionary that you can use for this class.
the word じしょ (jisho) means "dictionary" in Japanese.
When looking up verbs, it will say each entry if it is a "Godan" or "Ichidan" verb.
- う-verbs are Godan verbs
- る-verbs are Ichidan verbs
Take a look at the example entry below ↓↓↓ If you are unsure, ask me!! ^__^
Examples of some key vocabulary words from Lesson 9:
here's an example of how おじゃまします would be used:
- (someone knocks at your door)
- visitor: すみません！ごめんください！
- you: はい、どうぞ！
- visitor: おじゃまします。
here's an example of たのしかったですね:
- daichi: もちつき たかい は すごいですね。
- sakura: はい、たのしかったですね。
Here's an example of つける:
- だいちさん は おもち を きなこ に つける。
(Daichi put the the kinako on the mochi)
Here's an example of できる:
- さくらさん は にほんご が できる！
(Sakura can do Japanese!)
☆ THE BONUS POINT OPPORTUNITIES ☆
Beaver Sensei's Office Hours This Week
If you need to contact me on Thursday or Friday this week, please e-mail or text me.
Otherwise, you will be able to find me on Blackboard IM Monday through Wednesday. You can also call or text me!
- Mon: 7:00-9:00 PM
- Tues: 1-4:00 PM
- Wed: 1-4:00 PM (and 7 to 8 PM for Project Help Night!)
- Thu: CANCELLED
- Fri: CANCELLED
NOMINATE YOUR COACH FOR COACH OF THE YEAR!
2016 WORLD LANGUAGE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD
CALL FOR NOMINATION
NCVPS is excited to announce our first annual search for excellence in World Language coaching!
NCVPS will recognize a World Language Coach who demonstrates exemplary instruction, support and commitment to his/her students.
The World Language Coach Award is to recognize a coach whose innovative practices serve as a model for others. Their work results in improving the overall success of students as well as effectiveness of online learning. Their performance has led to opportunities for students and improved student achievement.
Nominations will be accepted from NCVPS students who are currently enrolled in a World Language course as well as NCVPS teachers.
Nominations may be submitted using the following link:
Please submit your nominations by Wednesday, May 11th.