VLAC Family News
September 2, 2022
- September 6 Tuesday First Day of School
- September 7 Wednesday 12 and 6PM: Introduction to Calvert Virtual-Families and students using Calvert are strongly encouraged to attend one session
- September 8 Thursday 12 and 6PM: Introduction to Lincoln Virtual-Families and students using Lincoln are strongly encouraged to attend one session
- October 25 Tuesday Lifetouch School Pictures offered at Oakland Schools 1PM-6PM.
- For a complete list of dates see the VLAC Family Calendar below. Please note that the September 13 and 14 orientations are moved to live lessons the first week of classes.
Curriculum and Technology Shipments
- Lincoln curriculum shipping is underway.
- Calvert curriculum shipping starts Wednesday Sept 7th and take 2-3 days to arrive
- New enrollments in Calvert are currently closed as we anticipate issues having curriculum shipped for orders moving forward.
- Technology packages ship Tuesday September 6th and take 2-4 days to arrive.
- Teachers will provide information on activities that can be done without the print materials and technology packages. You can join live lessons, Lincoln and Calvert Basics from your phone or non-VLAC issued tech device.
High School Course Selection
Our VLAC team is working hard to gather all course selections from incoming and returning high school students. If you have not completed your course selection form, your enrollment may not be complete at this time. Please remember that VLAC requires all students in grades 9-12 to review their course selections with their enrolling district high school counselor as all districts have widely varying graduation requirements. Please reach out to Andrea Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need the course selection form re-sent.
Students with IEPs and 504s
- For more information about accommodations for students with IEPs or 504s using Lincoln click here.
- For more information about accommodations for students with IEPs or 504s using Calvert/Edmentum refer to the document below.
Technology Support Service Desk
If you are not returning to VLAC next year please make an appointment with technology services to turn in equipment. Click here to create a service desk request. Service desk hours are 7AM-5PM Monday-Thursday. You can also email: email@example.com or call at 248-209-2060
Enrollment Now Open
Enrollment is open until September 9th https://www.virtuallearningacademyconsortium.org/enroll
Once we have your re-enrollment, we will obtain your districts permission for you to return.
Contact the VLAC Team
Andrea Becker VLAC Lead Instructor 248-209-2079
Tina Bennett: VLAC Project Assistant 248-209-2071
Mary Kotcher: VLAC Office Assistant 248-209-2071
Technology Support: 248-209-2060