Week of October 22nd, 2018
- Red Ribbon Week March - Let's do this! Make sure your class is ready to go... Prep banners, signs, chants, whatever gets you excited to start the week (more details below). Monday is "RED" Day, so feel free to deck-out in Red (and jeans). I'll probably be in my red jeans. OK... maybe not.
- Teacher of the Year - Nominations are on-going and are due by Friday, November 2nd. Click the button below for the Nomination Form.
- iStation - iStation is one of many tools in our toolbelt of interventions. Please ensure that learners are provided time to access and utilize this tool. I firmly believe that no software or digital tool will ever be more effective than face-to-face instruction, but this is a great supplement to the work you do with learners. The district is beginning to pull reports to monitor usage and learner growth.
- Resource Form - As we account for district resources and new purchases, please take one moment to click below and indicate if you have received the following resources: Units of Study (Reading & Writing), Math Think Tank, DLI Literacy Kits.
- Reading Street - Reading Street is now out of adoption and will be going away. If you have any Reading Street materials, please coordinate with Jordan for them to be removed.
- Team SMART Goals - It is the time of year where many teams will be doing their first "check" on their team SMART Goal. As you do so, please ensure you are identifying how our "Eco Dis" student group is progressing as well and determining if any additional support is needed. This will help ensure alignment with our Eco Dis Campus SMART goal!
Red Ribbon Week!
For the RRW March on Monday morning -
Let’s kick off Red Ribbon Week with a bang! We’ll start off RRW with our Red Ribbon Week March first thing Monday morning. We will use a Rise & Shine arrival with everyone in the Gym. Teachers - please be there before 7:40. After announcements in the Gym, we will start by dismissing Kinder (and Tamba) and make our way up to 5th grade. We will dismiss from the Gym and follow the sidewalk along the front loop to walk along S. Coppell. Police and volunteers will be there to help. As we make our way back, enter the building and start your day!
Tips - Don’t forget to bring your banners, etc to the Gym Monday morning. Take lots of pictures, and tag #WilsonWay!
Vertical Team Meetings
This round's Agenda (as well as last month's) many be found by clicking the button below. Please review prior to the meeting, and note any materials that you may need to bring.
Shout-out to our amazing Content Specialists for their work in prepping for this time.
- Please let Lori know if you have any children that would need assistance with the punch cards. They are $10 each, and we don't want that to prevent kids from coming.
- Thanks to each team for supporting Trunk or Treat, and thanks for those that have already signed up to volunteer. There is still time to add your name!
- Email Lori if you're willing to be slimed or "mummied." :)
- You may access it HERE.
- If you previously had an account, your login should be the same.
- If you are new and need an account, please email Jordan.
- Need to add new learners? Email Jordan!
Last year, we held a FedEx for new educators to explore this resource and all the bells and whistles (ie assessments, Spanish, text-to-voice, etc). We will gauge interest and consider holding another one soon.
Week At A Glance
- Rise & Shine Arrival - Please be in the Gym before 7:40.
- RRW March
- Specials Team Time (after RRW March)
- 1st Day of Early Voting
- 2nd/3rd Grade DLI Planning Day - C103 (after RRW March)
- No MLI Today
Tuesday - Crazy Hair or Favorite Hat
- 3rd Grade Team Time
- Cooper @ Principal Meeting - AM
- No MLI Today
Wednesday - "Be a Superhero" - To promote healthy choices, Child Nutrition will be here first thing handing out apples to kids on their way to class.
- 4th Grade Team Time
- No MLI Today
- Vertical Team Meetings - 3:30 - see agenda above
Thursday - "Team Up" - Wear your favorite team or Wilson shirt.
- 5th Grade Team Time
- Kinder Design Day
- 1st Grade Field Trip
Friday - Wear Orange/Black
- No Rise & Shine
- Spirit Assembly - Follow Spirit Schedule