Friday, August 28, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TEACHER OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
Ms. Andrea Herman, 5th grade teacher
Mrs. Kathy Spruiell, 4th grade teacher
YOU LADIES HAVE iT!!!!!
Teacher Advisory Council
The representative should be someone who can represent the broad interests of teachers in our school and has been a teacher in GCPS long enough to have an understanding of our direction and vernacular.
The first TAC meeting is schedule for Monday, September 14th.
If you are interested in serving as our representative this year please email Penny Young.
REMINDERS: BOY Assessments & Class Profile Sheets
Teachers, next week you should be finishing up beginning of the year assessments. Your grade chairs will be sending you the electronic class profile sheet. All student data must be entered by Tuesday, September 8th. Make sure you save your class profile sheet in the shared drive in your grade level public folder.
Boy Scouts Visit Classrooms
Promoting "Meet Me At The Library"
If anyone would like to join us at the library feel free to stop by during the event. You are welcome to read a story to children or just hang out.
If you would, please cut and paste the blurb below into your next newsletter and onto your e-class white board.
Arcado Elementary and Mountain Park Public Library are hosting a Meet Me at the Library event on Thursday, September 3 between the hours of 5-8 pm. You can drop by the library during those hours to explore the books, magazines, music, videos, and technology available to Gwinnett County residents. If you'd like to sign up for a free library card, please bring your driver's license or other proof of Gwinnett County residency. There will be fun door prizes and story time events throughout the event. See you there!
Let me know of any questions and thanks for helping the library promote their programming.
Go crazy this weekend & visit the Atlanta Zoo!!!
PTA Day @ the Atlanta Braves game
Special events for your family to be involved in on this day are:
- Pre-game tailgating party in the Blue Parking lot. Purchase a Blue Parking pass in advance, bring your food and look for the PTA banner to tailgate with other PTA groups.
- All participating schools will be involved in the pre-game parade on Turner Field. Line up starts at 12:00 p.m. Bring your school banners, wear your school colors. REPRESENT your school.
- Find the order form here: http://arcadoespta.weebly.com/
E-SPLOST - As an educator you should always been informed
On November 3, 2015, Gwinnett voters will be asked to consider continuing the E-SPLOST (education special purpose local option sales tax). Over the years, Gwinnett students and school communities have benefited from the E-SPLOST which has provided thousands of needed classrooms in nearly 60 new schools and nearly 80 school additions, as well as technology improvements that are essential to teaching and learning.Here are some key facts about the proposed E-SPLOST:
- Anticipated revenue of $950 million (By law, Buford City Schools will get $22.3 million based on their student enrollment, leaving GCPS with $927.6 million.)
- Projects include 4 new schools and 9 additions and renovations.
- Technology upgrades systemwide, including a refresh of technology at all middle and high schools.
- Equipment and facilities modifications for the high school academies
- Furniture, fixtures, and equipment to address needs due to growth and replacement
- Fine arts needs (growth and replacement)
- Facility improvements to address preventive maintenance that has been postponed due to budget cuts (roofing, painting, carpeting, etc.)
Joint Resolution Calling for SPLOST
Q and A on SPLOST (English)
Schools/Additions Completed with E-SPLOST Funds
SPLOST IV Accountability Report (July 2015)