5th Grade Computer News
Ms. Sveda's Classes
- Your children learned how to navigate the computer. Including creating folders to save their classwork for each class. They have had practice saving files and retrieving files.
- Students created Avatars. Avatars are cartoon/digital characters that are designed to represent the same characteristics that they have in real life. They uploaded their avatars to their profile in Moodle and Google.
- They have learned how to log-in to several useful educational tools including; Moodle, Infinite Campus, Google Chrome and Keyboarding Online.
- They learned how to create a personalized Theme in Google and how to create folders to save their bookmarks in. They bookmarked all the websites that we will be using this year.
- More recently, they have been learning how to properly type using the keyboard. Students have learned the importance of keyboarding, how it is used beyond the classroom and proper finger placement. Our goal for this year is to have students use all ten fingers and type up to twenty-five words a minute. Students are using a program called Keyboarding Online, this program is leveled for each student and goals may be different based on each child's ability.
Student Log-in Info
Example: John Travolta email@example.com
Student ID (lunch code)
Password: firstinitiallastinitialmmddyy note: some students need to use a 4 digit year
Example: John Travolta bord: January 07, 2005 jt010705 or jt01072005
School PW: bereaoh
Student PW: Student ID