Thank you for taking the time to read our parent newsletter. We will have one released each month to keep you in the loop of current and upcoming events happening in our school. We hope that you enjoy the information that is presented.
My name is Megan Fitzgerald and I teach 4th and 5th grade language arts at ILH! As a language arts teacher, I get to guide children through explorations of their world through the power of books! I graduated from Butler University in May 2019 with a degree in Elementary Education and Mild Intervention Special Education. I grew up in Dublin, Ohio with my parents, two younger sisters, and two energetic labrador retrievers, but I fell in love with Indianapolis while going to Butler. In my free time I love spending time hiking or kayaking at Eagle Creek, doing yoga, reading books, and spending time with friends. I became interested in teaching through my time serving in children's ministry programs and Sunday School at my church and that was further confirmed through my time as a camp counselor. I love the joy, curiosity, resiliency, and love of learning that kids have. Getting to build connections and relationships with students is the best part of my job! I chose to spend my first year teaching at Invent Learning Hub because of their focus on brain centered learning and social and emotional growth (hub time!). ILH strives to become a second family for kids and teachers and that is important to me! Additionally, I love that students get to explore real life projects and problem solving through design thinking and makerspace!
- Attendance matters so much! Please make sure your child is at school every day on time!
- If your child is getting chili at school please have them wear a long sleeved t-shirt under their uniform shirt. Students cannot wear jackets at school unless they have the school logo.
- We need all parents on class dojo! It is a great tool for communicating with the school. If you need help setting yours up please stop by the office!
- We are still enrolling students! If you know anyone wanting a school tour please have them call or stop by the office.
- After school clubs meet 3:45P-4:45P on Mondays.
- Choir club will meet Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Choir will not meet on Thursday, 12/19
- Robotics and Math club meet on Mondays and Thursdays
Winter Wonderland and Design Thinking Exhibit
Join us on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 from 5:30P to 7:00P for our Winter Wonderland festivities. Come experience our choir's debut performance, receive your toys for tots holiday gift and to review the great work your students have been working on all trimester. We hope to see you there!
If you are unable to make it to the Winter Wonderland showcase, we will be having a second Design Thinking exhibit on Thursday, December 19th from 9AM-11:30A. All families must attend one of the exhibits to receive their toy for tots holiday gifts.
Whats on the menu?
Every Friday, the ILH staff will host a popcorn sale for our students. Students who have no office referrals for the week and would like to participate can pay $1 for one item (popcorn or Juice) or $2 for both. Purchased items are delivered to the students in their evening hubs. The money that is raised from popcorn sales will be used to support all of the needs of the students in our school.