Farm to School News
School Gardens Special Edition - March 2021
School & Community Gardens...What Are Your Thoughts?
We are looking for a variety of Lockport school and community members to participate in a brief virtual focus group to learn more about the level of interest, benefits, and potential barriers (and solutions to those barriers) in having a Lockport School/Community Garden(s). Please consider signing up to participate, we want to hear your voice!
We will be holding 2 School Garden Focus Groups on March 30th:
- 10am - 11am
- 7pm - 8pm
If you are interested in participating please complete this form. You will receive a link to a School Garden Focus Group Google Meet for the time you select by the 29th. Thank you!
The Uses and Benefits of School & Community Gardens
- They strengthen connections and encourage the community to work together
- They provide fresh, healthy, and affordable food
- They help schools and communities grow
- They are something everyone can participate in and enjoy
- They can be used as educational space for the school and the community
- They can be use to help manage trauma and improve mental health
- They beautify our community
LCSD works with community organizations to make information about activities and enrichment opportunities available to families. We cooperate with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically.