Diet in Hinduism
Nanxin Ding A block.
foods are permitted or prohibited.
Vegetarian Hindus:They don't eat meat,just eat vegetables.
None-Vegetarian Hindus:India is not a predominantly vegetarian country.They are allowed fish and some meat.But in india they can't eat cows,because they worship cows.
They are some special rituals used to prepare food:
1.Cleaning the place.
2.Sprinkling of water around the food.
3.Making offering of the food.
They also have some holidays are about foods like Diwali.They will eat 'jamun'.
a favourite of meat consuming population of Indian subcontinent
Rajasthani vegetarian cuisine.
Various vegetarian dishes from Mumbai, India.
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 8 green cardamoms, peeled and seeds crushed to find powder (available at Indian markets)
- A generous pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/3 cup maida (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt or 2 tablespoons full-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter) or oil
- Oil, for frying
- Few slivers of pistachio or almond, for garnishing