K.O. Knudson Academy of the Arts
Let's Celebrate ko!
LAST DAYS OF SCHOOL SCHEDULE AND REMINDERS
- May 16-19 Alegra I (8th grade only) End of Course Exams in Math Classes
- May 19th AND May 22nd: NO backpacks, large binders, or large carrying bags allowed! Only bags 6in x 8in allowed. Items will be confiscated!
- May 22nd is a half day. Modified Scheduled will be implemented. Breakfast will be served, but NO lunch. Dismissal at 11:34am
- May 22nd for 8th Grade: 8th Grade students will have a separate schedule and activities to celebrate their last day as Middle Schoolers.
CLICK on the link below for detailed information about the last days of school:
summer acceleration program may 30 - june 16
Greetings KO Families!
We are excited to have the opportunity to provide a Summer Acceleration program to our students again this year. The program will run on weekdays May 30 - June 16 from 7:00 AM - 2:05 PM. During this academic focused time, teachers will work with students to reinforce their 2022-2023 grade level standards and help students prepare for the upcoming school year. Students will be assigned to teachers equipped to teach the grade level, but likely not their current teacher.
Please complete this registration form for EACH KO Knudson student in your family. Only families that want to participate in Summer Acceleration need to complete the survey. Families that do not complete the survey by the deadline may not be enrolled in the program. This program will run on a first-come, first-served basis as the number of enrollment is based on the number of available staff. Transportation will be provided for students who are eligible during the regular school year. Breakfast and lunch will be provided as well.
Consistent attendance, appropriate learning behaviors, and adherence to CCSD Dress code are expectations for participation during Summer Acceleration. Students will be removed from the program for failing to adhere to these guidelines.
Again, here is the link to register. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Main Office at (702) 799-7470 ext. 4200.
Lost and Found
8th Grade Students,
Do you want a free dress for the last Day of school? Since you are all heading to High School next year, why not donate all your KO polos and KO tees? We want them! If you donate any used Polos or KO swag gear you will get a wristband to wear on Monday May 22nd so you can have a free dress day.
- Old or outgrown School POLO
- Old or outgrown KO Swag
You must follow the CCSD dress code. Link
Please see attached flyer for more information or you can call (702) 799-7470 for any questions.
Chromebook Collection Notice
- Chromebook collection will take place during students’ math classes beginning May 16th through May 19th. Please make sure students bring their Chromebooks with all supplies (charger and case) to school these days so we can collect their devices for safekeeping over summer break.
- All 8th graders must submit their Chromebooks unless they have registered for Summer Acceleration at K.O. Knudson Academy of Arts. All Chromebooks must be accounted for by May 19, 2023.
- Any Chromebook not collected or accounted for WILL BE LOCKED on May 23, 2023.
- Chromebooks will be accessed. If there is damage, student's account will be charged.
6th and 7th GRADE ONLY. If you would like to check out the Chromebook over summer, please complete the survey below:
CCSD 2023-24 school year registration available now
Online registration for Clark County School District (CCSD) students for the 2023-24 school year is now open.
Parents/guardians should note that the 2023-24 school year begins Aug. 7, 2023.
Families new to CCSD may begin their registration process online via register.ccsd.net.
Families with currently enrolled students can complete registration using Campus Parent via Infinite Campus (campusportal.ccsd.net).
Parents or guardians who already have an Infinite Campus account will see an announcement through Campus Parent and a link connecting them to the 2023-24 registration page. Families with multiple children will also see an option in certain areas to copy the responses from one child to the next, speeding up the process. Families can use a computer or a mobile device to complete registration.
Families with students new to CCSD or returning after leaving the District will need to provide the required documents to the child’s zoned school.
Families can select Shared Housing as an option in the online registration process if they do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in a parent/guardian’s name to provide proof of address. Families will be directed where to submit the necessary paperwork to complete the registration process.
Documents Required For Registration
Child's ID - (birth certificate, passport, certified birth card)
Proof of Address (recent utility bill, rent receipt, residence lease or sales contract)
To find out which school a student is zoned for, parents/guardians may visit http://dzg.ccsd.net/.
For details regarding registration requirements, parents/guardians may visit register.ccsd.net.
For more information about CCSD, visit ccsd.net.
CCSD 2023 Summer Learning Opportunities
The Clark County School District will offer, free of charge, summer learning opportunities to accelerate the academic, social-emotional, and behavioral development of all students.
All schools will again provide Summer Acceleration for students in Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 12 from May 30-June 16, 2023.
Select schools will provide Extended School Year services from June 22-July 18, 2023.
Secondary Summer School will be offered for students in Grades 6-12 during two sessions (May 30-June 16, 2023 and June 20-July 10, 2023).
Should you have any questions regarding the 2023 summer learning opportunities, please contact your child’s school.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Our schedule of Activities and Events are subject to change anytime. Kindly check for weekly updates.
- Students who wish to attend one of our performances must have an adult with them at all times and in order to purchase a ticket. For safety purposes, unaccompanied minors will not be allowed.
Parent Volunteers Needed
K.O. Knudson Parent / Guardian Interest Form
Please click below to make a donation that will help supply students with items and materials they may need. Thank you for your support.
We want to celebrate the wonderful things happening at K.O.! If you have a special shout-out for a staff member or would like to share your child's positive experience at an event, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!