Tiger Shark City News
Rosenberg Elementary School
Para traducir el boletín, haga clic en Translate Newsletter en el cuadro negro arriba.
April 11-April 15, 2023
We need your plastic eggs!
Recycle your plastic eggs! Please don’t throw out your plastic eggs! We need them for a project we will do with kids at the Grand Kids Festival!
Let’s make it fun! The class that brings back the most plastic eggs will get to pick out a toy!
Thank you Galveston Education Foundation!
Assistant Principal Week
Time to re-enroll!
Make sure you are all set for the 2023-2024 school year!
· Is your child returning to GISD for the 2023-2024 school year? You must RE-ENROLL.
· Is your child new to GISD for the 2023-2024 school year? You must ENROLL.
Click here to view instructions in both English and Spanish: http://bit.ly/42uDowe
- Our instructional day ends at 3:55pm. That is when Dismissal will start. Now that we have started Micro Society with students working on their jobs and businesses, we will release students at 3:55pm.
- Arrival time is 8am. Students are tardy after 8:15am. All students receive free breakfast each morning between 8-8:30am.
- Birthday parties for students: Just a friendly reminder that the only outside food that is allowed to be brought in is store bought cupcakes. You can bring them at anytime during the school day, but they will not get delivered to the classroom until 3pm.
- Pizza/Fast Food are NOT allowed to be delivered to the school or brought in for birthday parties. Because our students receive free breakfast and lunch, outside breakfast/lunch items are not allowed. From this point forward, if pizza is sent to the school, we will send it home with the student.
- Rosenberg students do have a uniform. Please see the flyer below. Remember, on Wednesdays, students may wear a college, career or military shirt. On Fridays, students may wear a Rosenberg shirt or Ball High shirt.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Did you know, we are a Micro Society Campus!
Check out our Pre-K students getting ready to sell their FunDoh!
We are a Capturing Kids Hearts campus!
Calendar of Events
April 10: Teacher work day; no school for students
April 11: School Librarian Day
April 11: School Picture Day (spring pictures & Class picture)
April 12: PTO Meeting at 5:15pm
April 13: Free Galveston Children's Museum Night from 4-7pm
April 15: Name that Book competition
April 18: PPCD & Life Skills to Galveston County Rodeo
April 20: 1st grade to Bryan Museum
April 21: STAAR Pep Rally & Parade (more info to come)
April 22: Free physicals at BHS 8-11am
April 24: PK to Aquarium
April 24: 3rd/4th grade STAAR celebration
April 25: STAAR Reading testing for 3rd and 4th graders
April 25: Kinder to Bryan Museum
April 26: Administrative Professionals Day
April 27: 3rd grade to Moody Gardens
April 27: 4th grade to Beach
April 28: 3rd grade to NIA Cultural Center
April 29: Grand Kids Festival
Set up an account online for your child!
Interested in music lessons?
Interested in music and learning how to play an instrument?Check out the flyer below... they even offer scholarships and assistance to those that need it!