Rolling Hills Elementary
Chromebook and Material Pick-Up
Hello RHE families!
There is a lot of information in this email. Please read and review carefully...
On, Thursday, September 3rd, Rolling Hills will be hosting a Chromebook and Materials Distribution. During this time, families can pick up those grade level materials necessary to support our Virtual Learning Classes starting September 8th. These items include textbooks, workbooks, planners, and art supplies. Due to supply chain demand and challenges, we are having some difficulty receiving some items even with placing an order sometime ago. For some items, we may need to schedule an additional pick-up time for families.
Due to the need to utilize Virtual Instruction, all parents, guardians, and students are asked to read, review, and sign the Mobile Device - Virtual Instruction Interactive Live Streaming Agreement. This form will need to be completed for each child. If families are able, please print, sign, and bring the document on September 3rd. We will also have blank forms here. Again, if you are able, please bring your own pen to use. All families will need to sign this form for Virtual Learning. This form will also need to be complete for those families picking-up a Chromebook.
Please see below for details and times. If you are picking up a Chromebook, please read that section carefully.
I’m requesting that families follow the schedule below for the pick-up of materials and Chromebooks.
- 8:00-900 – Last Names A - B - C
- 9:00-10:00 – Last Names D - E - F
- 10:00-11:00 – Last Names G - H - I
- 11:00-12:00 - Last Names J - K - L
- 12:00-1:00 – Last Names M - N - O
- 1:00-2:00 – Last Names P - Q - R
- 2:00-3:00 – Last Names S - T
- 3:00-4:00 – Last Names U - Z
If this date and time simply doesn’t work for your family and you’re unable to find someone to pick up your children’s items, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll coordinate another date and time for your child to get these materials.
Pick-Up Location and Directions
- Families will need to come to Rolling Hills (the former Richboro Middle School) to pick-up items.
- Please park in the main parking lot.
- Enter the side doors as indicated on the map below.
- A staff member will be at the door checking families into the building.
- To maintain social distancing, we will only be admitting a certain number of people in the building at a time.
- If asked to wait outside, please maintain social distancing at least six feet apart.
- Everyone must wear a mask to enter the building.
- Please bring bags or backpacks to place and carry the items.
- Once in the building, you will be directed down the hallway. Please maintain social distancing. There will be tables set up by grade level with directions as to which materials to take.
- Staff members will be present to assist with directions.
- Once all items are received, you will exit the building at the front doors.
- For those families that registered for a Chromebook, you will be directed to another hallway. Please see below for directions.
- At this time, families will not be able to visit any other parts of the building or classrooms.
- If you cannot attend the event on Thursday, September 3rd, you may have another family pick-up the items for your child.
- Chromebooks will be distributed only to those families who requested a Chromebook during the Parent Registration Survey (July 31st-August 7th). These devices will be checked out for each student and ready to go. In order to keep the distribution process moving efficiently, we ask that all parents read and sign the “CRSD Mobile Device/Virtual Instruction/Interactive Live Streaming Agreement” for each child receiving a Chromebook. No Chromebooks will be distributed without the agreement form signed, and please understand that your visit will be delayed if this form has to be completed on site. You can find the form at the following LINK. This document covers the expectations of appropriate use of a district-issued device as well as considerations regarding the submission of photo, audio, and video assignments in a virtual class.
If you are out of town or unable to make this event, you can assign a designee to pick up your materials on your behalf. However if you requested a ChromeBook, the designee must have your agreement form completed and signed by you in advance.
Student Items from Last Year
We still have a lot of student items bagged and ready to be picked up from last year. If you would like to pick-up those items, please email me at email@example.com. We will have those bags placed at the exits for pick-up.
Any items left after September 3rd, will be recycled and discarded.