Healthy Plate Cooking
A Cooking Class for Performance and Health
Join us on the College of Charleston Campus
GREAT NUTRITION IS FOR EVERYONE.
For: athletes, students, faculty, trainers. EVERYONE should know how to improve your ENERGY and to conquer weight management for life. Learning nutrition basics & how to prepare quick, highly nutritious meals / snacks = optimal body performance.
* This 6-class course couples the science of nutrition with cooking. You can expect A LOT of tasting & aroma activities , cooking demos, nutrient-dense, affordable recipes & FUN! CHECK OUT OUR DISHES ON FACEBOOK !
Thursdays and Tuesdays at 5:15
Department of Education Building, 3rd floor, St. Phillips and Wentworth
Students and faculty 1/2 price: $12 per class OR $60 entire 6-class series
General community: $22 per class OR $120 entire 6- class series
Some of the topics covered:
- The 4 parts of a great nutrition plan (learn to manage them)
- ENERGY ! Where it comes from and how to get it
- In-depth look at carbohydrates, fats & protein (how they effect your body)
- Your personal daily calorie expenditure and BMI
- Timing (when to eat & what)
- Weight management
- Brain health, Inflammation, Dietary supplements