Mrs. Lamparter's Class
March 27th, 2015
Anthony was our Star of the Week. We loved seeing all of his pictures and really liked his shells from Tanzania.
Sophia is a BIG sister! Sabastian was born on Sunday. Congratulations to the Gomez family!
The Book Fair was a huge success! Thank you to Bria and Camden for donating books for our classroom library.
Please join us to celebrate readers for the 3rd Nine Weeks at our Mega Minute celebration on Thursday, April 2nd at 10:10 AM in the Media Center.
Our school-wide Vocabulary Hat Day parade will be Friday, April 3rd at 8:30 AM. We hope you can join us. Each student was given a vocabulary word and their hats need to be turned in on Wednesday April 1st.
Please send a dozen of filled plastic eggs TAPED shut by April 2nd for our egg hunt on April 3rd.
- Building our sight word vocabulary- new words are: about, help, put, who, up
- Retelling familiar stories and telling about the characters, setting, and what happened in the story
- Matching long and short vowel sounds with common spellings
- Telling similar words apart by the sounds
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text about American symbols
- Writing leprechaun stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
We will have a shorter amount of time this 4th Nine weeks to record mega minutes so the totals have been adjusted. CHECK OUT OUR NEW FORM which will calculate your child's totals for you!
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 660+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 940 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1100+ minutes
Bronco: 1410+ minutes
- Adding and subtracting with objects and pictures
- Adding and subtracting within ten by drawing or using objects to solve problems
- Describing attributes of an object such as weight ot length
- Decomposing numbers less than or equal to ten in different ways
- Adding any number from one to nine to make ten
- Sorting objects into categories
- Fluently adding and subtracting within five
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
Craig Character Award
- Hats for our Vocabulary Day parade must be turned in by Wednesday, April 1st and plastic eggs taped shut need to be turned in by Thursday, April 2nd!
- Our 3rd Nine Weeks Mega Minute celebration is Thursday, April 2nd at 10:10 AM.
- All permission slips and payment for our April 20th field trip to the Gwinnett Environmental Heritage Center must be turned in by Friday, April 3rd.
- Career Day is coming! Craig will be holding our Career Day on May 11, 2015. If you would like to volunteer to come in and share information about your career, please contact Hythia Young (Hythia_Young@gwinnett.k12.ga.us) or Katie Fields (Katie_Fields@ gwinnett.k12.ga.us). Thanks in advance for helping us make our Career Day a success!
- The Brookwood Cluster Announces… The 18th Annual Student Reading/Writing Institute For current K - 4th graders on June 1-4th Mon. – Thurs. 9:00 – 12:00.
- Camp Invention is coming to Craig Elementary on June 1-4th from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Sign up at http://campinvention.org