NHS Counseling News
September 25, 2018
Financial Aid Night
Wednesday, Oct. 10th, 6pm
10625 Parsons Road
Johns Creek, GA
Important Facts About HOPE Scholarships
If you would like to qualify for the Georgia HOPE Scholarship please be aware that in addition to earning a minimum 3.0 GPA as calculated by the GSFC (Georgia Student Finance Commission), you must meet basic eligibility requirements AND academic rigor requirements. The GSFC does not weight honors courses. Students must complete four full credit hours in academically rigorous courses from the list below:
1. Advanced math, such as advanced algebra and trigonometry, math III, taken at the high school, or an equivalent or higher course taken for degree level credit at an Eligible Postsecondary Institution;
2. Advanced science, such as chemistry, physics, biology II, taken at the high school, or an equivalent or higher course taken for degree level credit at an Eligible Postsecondary Institution;
3. Foreign language courses taken at the high school, or taken for degree level credit at an Eligible Postsecondary Institution; or
4. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or Dual Credit Enrollment courses in Core subjects
Seniors – It is essential that you check to see if your correct Social Security number is on file with Northview. An incorrect SS number can impact getting the HOPE. You cannot qualify for HOPE without an official Social Security number.
Checking Your HOPE GPA
Parent Survey of Counseling Needs
Are You Taking a Full Year Online Class?
Freshman - Sophomore Parent Night Presentation
Dual Enrollment Students - Important Deadlines
Students can register to attend these information sessions held during the school day. Registration and a complete list of schools is available at https://www.northviewcounseling.com/college-visits.
Oct. 1 - 11, 2018
- Auburn University
- Duke University
- University of Florida
- University of Notre Dame
- St Andrews University
- Georgia College Info Session at Roswell High School on 10/2/2018 at 6:30pm. Register at http://www.gcsu.edu/NearYou
- Columbus State U.
- Georgia State Perimeter
- Agnes Scott College
- Kennesaw State
- Emory University
- Georgia Southern University
- Mississippi State University
- Johns Hopkins
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Chapman University
As the counseling office receives information on scholarships and other types of student opportunities, we will post the information to our web site at https://www.northviewcounseling.com/scholarships.
Gwinnett Tech Career Worx
Wednesday, Oct. 17th, 4-7pm
2875 Old Milton Parkway
19th Annual Latino Youth Leadership Conference
Saturday, Nov. 10th, 8am-4pm
1100 South Marietta Parkway Southeast
For the past 18 years, the Latin American Association (LAA) has been inspiring students to pursue higher education and follow their dreams. The LAA’s annual Latino Youth Leadership Conference is an exciting day full of high energy, inspiration, motivational speakers, practical tips for college, workshops and a college and career fair for Latino middle and high school students from across Georgia. You must register to attend. And you must bring a permission slip signed by your parent: English Permission Slip and Spanish Permission Slip. Questions? Call 404-638-1810 or email email@example.com.