Peek at the Week
Week of October 26, 2020
Saturday, Oct. 24
- National Prescription Drug Takeback Event at Walgreens (see information below)
Monday, Oct. 26
Tuesday, Oct. 27Wednesday, Oct. 28
- End of First Quarter
- Halloween Fall Classroom Parties
- 2:30 - 3:15 pm - Costume Parade - (see drive by locations below)
Thursday, Oct. 29
- NO SCHOOL - Parent Teacher Conferences via Zoom
Friday, Oct. 30
- NO SCHOOL - Professional Learning
Saturday, Oct. 3
Sunday, November 1
- Daylight Saving Time Ends (clocks fall back 1 hour)
PARENT PICK UP/DROP OFF
Morning Drop Off:
- Please pull up all the way to the cone to ensure that we can get as many cars unloaded as possible.
- Please begin having your child exit the car whenever your car meets a sidewalk. We have many parents not wanting their child to walk too far and are holding up the line.
- Please have your child's backpack and belongings ready so when the car stops your child can get out as quickly as possible. We have parents pulling up and then getting their child's belongings ready.
- After your child gets out of the car, please do not wait and watch your child enter the school building. This is holding up the line.
Afternoon Drop Off:
FROM ANDOVER PD:
"The Andover Police Department have received some complaints about the traffic congestion that occurs when students are being picked up from Meadowlark at the end of the day. A majority of the complaints involve northbound vehicles that pass the vehicles waiting to turn into the school parking lot via the middle turn lane. This creates a situation where traffic leaving that driveway could pull out in front of a vehicle they can't see due to the stopped vehicle waiting in traffic. We would like to ask anyone who uses 159th St between Terradyne St and 13th to avoid that area on school days between 3:30pm and 3:50pm if possible. This will assist us in relieving the traffic congestion caused by the end of the day release. We would like to remind drivers that it is illegal to drive in the turning lane for the purpose of passing cars that occupy the lane of travel. Please assist us in providing safe roadways by avoiding this area or simply waiting for traffic to clear. It would be helpful for parents to enter the school heading southbound by using the turn lane. Andover Officers will be monitoring the area for violations."
COVID team recommends same learning models for Oct. 26-Nov. 13
The Andover COVID Response and Assessment Team has recommended the district remain in the “yellow” zone for the period of Oct. 26-Nov. 13. The group recommended no changes to current learning models, so Andover Public Schools will continue onsite learning for elementary and middle school students, and hybrid learning for high school students.
The team will meet again Nov. 10. (Meetings typically are every two weeks, but the period was extended because next week is shortened with parent/teacher conferences and professional learning Oct. 28 and 29.)
Click here for livestream meetings on Nov. 10, Dec. 1 and Dec. 15.
This event aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs. We will also collect vape pens or other e-cigarette devices only after the batteries are removed from the devices. The Andover Police Department and the DEA will not be responsible for removing batteries from the devices.
The event will take place on Saturday October 24, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the parking lot of Walgreens at 440 N. Andover Rd Andover, Ks 67002. No needles or liquids.
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Virtual Book Fair online from November 2nd – 15th. All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship directly to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· Create a separate order for Non-book items so shipping is charged only on those items
· All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
· BE SURE TO SHOP ONLY DURING THE DATES of November 2-15 for full fundraising benefits! Orders outside of these dates only earn 2% in rewards for our school.
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started on 11/2 to 11/15:
Mrs. Pfaff, Librarian
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
CITY OF ANDOVER CARING AND SHARING PROGRAM 2020
The City of Andover Caring and Sharing Program have provided this Traditional Holiday Program opportunity for families in need for over 20 years. The program provides two to three age appropriate gifts, a warm clothing item, and books to children under twelve and a gift certificate to Target or Wal-Mart to teenage children. All children and their families will receive sacks of staple food items and a large box of ingredients for a holiday dinner, including a turkey.
If you still have Box Tops clips, please turn them into the office by Wednesday, October 28th.
For over 20 years, Box Tops for Education has given families an easy way to earn cash for their school, with products they already buy.
Now you can simply scan your store receipt with the Box Tops mobile app to identify participating products and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
It's easy! Go to "Invite Friends" on your Account screen, where you can share via email, text message, social media and more.
Box Tops collected so far: $150.80
Our goal for this year is: $1,000
1. Download the BOX TOP app
2. Choose MEADOWLARK ELEMENTARY in ANDOVER, KS
4. Scan your receipts
5. The app detects any items that earn box tops
6. See your earnings and how the school is doing!
Andover Public Schools Nutrition Service is looking for great people to become a part of their team.
This is a great way for parents or grandparents to make extra money while the kids are in school!
Immediate openings are available. If you are interested in working with a great group of people, let us hear from you. Starting pay is $11.33 an hour. Experienced applicants may earn more.
Speed up the process by applying at www.usd385.org or call 316-218-4603.
CHECK IN AND OUT PROCEDURES
Checking students out
Office staff will conduct all signing in and out of students. Parents may call to check-out students and then the student is sent out to the parent with visual identification. For in-person checking out, once a student is checked out, the parent will go back to their vehicle and the student will be sent out by the office. School Phone Number: 316-218-4630
Checking students in
Staff members will check students in to create a touchless system. Students need to have temperature checked before proceeding to class if they are arriving for the first time that day.