June 3, 2022
The communication below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline.
- Simplified Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Traditional Chinese: 點擊這裡查看中文翻譯.
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
FY2023 Budget Update
We are pleased that PSB’s FY2023 budget was overwhelmingly approved by Brookline Town Meeting Members during the spring town meeting on Tuesday, May 31. With the financial figures finalized, we are working to create a final version of the FY2023 budget book. It is our intention that the final budget book will comprehensively detail where the voted appropriation - $128,098,883 - is allocated within the various schools, departments, and offices that compromise PSB.
Revised Draft Bullying Policy
As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent and respond to bullying and as per district policy, PSB reviews and updates the district's Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan every two years. This plan was first developed in 2010 in consultation with district stakeholders - including parents/guardians, teachers, school staff, professional support personnel, school volunteers, administrators, community representatives, local law enforcement agencies, and students. The latest revision of this plan can be found here.
As we review this plan, we encourage you to provide input on suggested changes and revisions by completing this Google Form. Your feedback is valuable in informing the final version of our plan. More details on the review process can be found here.
Middle School Program Review
This work is intentionally designed to incorporate the input of students, staff, families, and community members from diverse backgrounds and perspectives across the district and the community to more effectively serve all students, including those who have been historically marginalized or excluded due to their race, gender identity, ability, economic status, linguistic ability, and other relevant identities. You can learn more about the review process here.
PSB Dyslexia Support Update
You’re Invited: Baker School Pride Walk
Fall 2022 Brookline High School Sports Registration Now Open
BHS Athletics announced that registration for all fall sports (Cheerleading, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Boys Golf, Soccer, Girls Swim and Dive, and Girls Volleyball) is now open. Interested students should visit the BHS Athletics website (https://bhs.brookline.k12.ma.us/athletics) to sign up. Registration for the season closes on Tuesday, August 19.
Brookline Cares Sock Drive!
Brookline Cares, a volunteer organization led by BHS juniors Eliot Arnold, Gabriel Benavidez, Sheejin Choi, Tim Lee, Rowan Michaud, Matthew Murphy, Ishaan Narasimhan, Ellery Nistler, Sean O’Leary, and Marco Tchernychev, is conducting a Sock Drive from now until Wednesday, June 15. All donations will be sent to local emergency departments or organizations in the Greater Boston area that work with people who are unsheltered or homeless. The goal is to raise $2,500 for 2,500 pairs of socks!
Only new socks in their original packaging can be accepted as donations. You can order new packages of socks and donate them directly to Brookline Cares (mailing address: 91 Shaw Rd, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467) using this Amazon link here. Folks can also arrange to drop off donations in person by completing this online form.
Brookline Recreation Summer Programs: Registration for summer programs hosted by Brookline Rec are now open! Programs are available for children as young as 15 months and include options such as archery, Tae Kwon Do, or swimming in the Evelyn Kirrane Aquatics Center. Click here to register and access the full list of programs.
- The Evelyn Kirrane Aquatics Center is hosting an Open House on Sunday, June 26 from 10:00 to 1:00. Click here for full details about this free and fun event, featuring swimming, music, games and prizes!
- Seeing the Spectrum - An Introduction to Gender and Sexual Diversity: The Public Library of Brookline invites community members to an introductory workshop on gender and sexual diversity on Tuesday, June 7 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m at their Brookline Village location (361 Washington Street). In this program, participants will learn about the relationship between gender, sex, and sexuality; practice using gender-neutral pronouns; discuss how to show respect and support, and see how identity goes beyond the binary. Sign up here!