Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ October 1
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
Sign Up for Conferences
We really value the chance to talk with you about your child's progress. We want to hear your thoughts so far. As a parent, I loved conferences because it reassured me that "This teacher has a plan in place for my child!" Please be sure you have signed up for a conference. Our teachers will start contacting those who have not signed up, so please help us by signing up this weekend if you have not already. Conferences are:
Wed, October 13 from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 14 from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
You can choose if you would like to have your conference in-person at Lakeview - or - if you would prefer a virtual conference.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to look for the correct teacher on the tabs across the top of the Sign-up Genius when you open it. The first tab that opens is for 4K conferences. Scroll across to find older students.
This Week's Golden Lions!
There were 22 Golden Lions awarded to students this week. I thought you might be interested to see the descriptions for each of those Golden Lions. Our students demonstrate GREAT character at Lakeview!
• Daisy has had some issues with her computer and she showed patience many times while I tried to troubleshoot the problems. She also works very hard and participates in every classroom discussion. Keep up the great job Daisy!
• Aksana had some difficulties with her computer and was very patient while I tried to troubleshoot the issues. She is working very hard and participates in discussion more and more every day! Keep up the good job Aksana!
• [Name] is really working on raising his hand and waiting to be called on. He even catches himself if he accidentally blurts out and then his hand pops up while he waits to be called on. Keep following that routine!
• [Name] is using her silent reading time so well at the start of second grade! She is choosing books that are just right for her which is keeping her engaged in those books. She has also moved up at least 2 levels from the end of first grade! Keep up the great work!!
• Emilio was being very respectful and engaged during Library with another classmate while playing a game.
• Henry was being very respectful and engaged during Library with another classmate while they played a game and worked together.
• Ema was a very engaged participant during Library. She did a great job participating during group time and continues to be respectful. Keep up the kindness Ema!
• Liam does a great job during Library. He remains engaged and respectful, especially during group time. Keep up the kindness Liam!
• Tayvin has been doing an excellent job during Library especially during groups. He continues to be a role model for his classmates. Keep up the kindness Tayvin!
•Atikin showed extreme kindness and respect today by helping a classmate cleanup during Library. Keep up the kindness Atikin!
•David showed extreme kindness and respect today by helping a classmate cleanup during Library. Keep up the kindness David!
• Cameron showed extreme kindness and respect today by helping a classmate cleanup during Library. Keep up the kindness Cameron!
• Joey showed great self respect and perseverance today during Library when he cleaned up a big Lego spill. Keep up the self kindness Joey!
• Austin is constantly being kind and considerate in school. He has even given second chances to students in the class, but has also confidently said when something is not okay in a kind manner. Thanks Austin for being such a great classmate!
• Jayden has been staying engaged in his writing. His story is growing across pages and he is making sure to tell it bit by bit just like the stories we have looked at in our lessons. Keep up the hard work Jayden!
• Burkely is always on task and ready to start class. He is a great direction follower!
• Team comes into the building ready to learn every day.
• [Name] was safe, was polite and did all her work on Thursday!
• Caitlin was exceptional in the way she helped Mrs. Hipp with any question she had when Mrs. Sodemann was out of the classroom. Thank you for being so dependable Caitlin.
• During Writer's Workshop, Londyn was distracted by noises around her. She asked if she could move to a new workspace so she could stay focused. Thank you for taking responsibility for your learning. I'm so proud of you, Londyn.
• Besim was not finished with some of his Math work. He took it home, completed it, and returned it the next day. Thank you Besim, for taking responsibility for your learning. Keep up the good work!
• Ben has been so focused during instruction and independent work time. He contributes to discussions and gets right to work on his assignments. Way to go, Ben!