Everitt Family Newsletter
~ December 18, 2020 ~
Para traducir, haga clic en el enlace "Translate" a la derecha o encima de este boletín.
Dear Everitt Families
This is our last Everitt Family Newsletter of 2020! I am working hard to remain hopeful that 2021 will bring greater joy and fewer hardships than this wild year has asked us to navigate together.
Thank you so much for coming together to brighten the holidays of families and students who are struggling through these difficult times. The Giving Tree was a tremendous success and such a testament to the kindness and generosity of the Everitt Community.
As we prepare for the second second semester, be aware of the following important information:
- Our counselors have been working hard to complete second semester schedules for all students. They will be available for you to view by January 5, and you will notice that your students' teachers will have made sure to add your student to their Google Classrooms by that date. In order to decrease some larger class sizes and in order to balance teacher prep and work loads, we made some master schedule changes in both our hybrid and remote schools. That means that some students may have a different teacher for one or more of their core classes. If you have questions about why we needed to make those adjustments, you're welcome to reach out to me. If you have questions or concerns about your student's schedule, please reach out to your counselor. Please understand that our scheduling challenges this year make it extremely difficult to change students' schedules. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
- Students first semester grades will be posted for you to view in Infinite Campus by Friday, January 8.
Finally, please join us to celebrate our incredible students at our All School Pep Rally and First Semester Awards Assembly on Tuesday, December 22 at 9:30 am on Zoom (Link HERE and on our website). And as always, thank you for believing in the power of neighborhood schools to bring our communities together, and thank you for sharing your kids with us; it is our honor to serve them.
Jeena Templeton, Principal
Everitt Middle School
Students loved our Virtual After School Club!
Tuesday, December 22: All School Pep Rally and Awards Ceremony on ZOOM. Families welcome.
Wednesday, December 23-Tuesday, January 5: Winter Break ~ No school for students.
Tuesday, January 5: Finalized schedules available on Infinite Campus.
Wednesday, January 6: Synchronous Remote Learning for all students on 100% Remote Learning Bell Schedule (see picture below).
Thursday, January 7: Synchronous Remote Learning for all students on 100% Remote Learning Bell Schedule (see picture below).
Friday, January 8: Asynchronous Remote Learning for all students on 100% Remote Learning FRIDAY Bell Schedule (see picture below).
Friday, January 8: First Semester grades available on Infinite Campus.
Counselors' Corner- TIME OUT!
In an effort to give all of our students (REMOTE and HYBRID) an opportunity to take a break during their school day and just “hang-out” with friends and peers, we’re starting something new called TIME OUT! We know the kids miss talking to one another. Although it’ll be a get-together on ZOOM and not in person, we still look forward to giving kids a chance to connect. Our goal is to create a social ZOOM space for kids to meet-up with old friends and meet new ones.
- Monday from 10:51-11:21 a.m., 6th Grade only.
- Tuesday will be for 7th graders, and we’ll meet at the same time 10:51-11:21 a.m.
- Wednesday is 8th Grade only; same time to meet 10:51-11:21 a.m.
The following flyer will also be posted in 2nd Period Google Classrooms. Let’s get the word out! Time for all of us to do a little “hanging out”!
If you need your counselor:
Ms. Aronson Kirsten.Aronson@jeffco.k12.co.us
Ms. Gaines: At school on MON-TUES Kelsey.Gaines@jeffco.k12.co.us
Ms. MacDonald: At school on WED-THURS Allison.MacDonald@jeffco.k12.co.us
Connection and up-to-date information available here for all Everitt Families and Staff.
Keeping our Community Connected with PTA
Dine to Donate: Dine to Donate @ Noodles & Co. coming up next month - Monday, January 18, 2021 from 4pm - 8pm - please put it on your calendar.
Coffee Chats weekly: Starting in January - we will start holding weekly PTA Parent Coffee Chats (Zoom) for our feeder elementary school parents.
Jump for Everitt: Jump for Everitt extended! Due to “2020” we will be extending our Jump for Everitt fundraiser until January 19, 2021 when we will announce all the raffle winners! Please make sure your student is registered and help them send our sponsor requests and share their personal fundraising link.
Join the PTA Zoom Meeting on Wednesday January 6, 2021 at 6:30pm HERE!
(Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782 / Passcode: EverittPTA)
Dial in by phone at:
312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782
Everitt Middle School
With foundations of equity and excellence, Everitt empowers and inspires our students as individuals, lifelong learners, and creative critical thinkers to engage in authentic learning and contribute meaningfully to their communities and their world.