A newsletter to our staff & community - November 16-22, 2015
However, it is the teaching and learning staff and student's families who are opening horizons and stretching mindsets to help the student build their dreams. Whether it is completing their welding certificate at ACC, getting into their college of choice, or finding a path of stackable credentials, we are building individual and collective power within our students and their community. Don't ever forget how meaningful each interaction is, each extended lesson, each extra ounce of care, for at Lanier we are so blessed to touch the minds, hearts and futures of our students. Carry on with the great effort and care and as always... Have a great rest of the week.
DTC 70 - Direct to College 70%
Following up on the above Principal's post, it is important to look at our goals and why we have them. Guided by the Austin Chamber of Commerce and the Texas Higher Education Board, we are engaging in the audacious, noble, and achievable task of getting 70 percent of our students to go directly into college after high school. While this is a regional average, schools like Lanier play a crucial roll as we have latent potential that we are just now realizing. It takes many steps: Research, Admissions, Financial Aid, and then avoiding the Summer Melt that grabs tot many.
We are positioned well with the work of Ms. Fuchs and Steffeck and Mr Peeples in the CCC and our Counseling team backing them up. However as a broad community, we must continue to engage, enlighten and prepare our kids for each step of the path to college and post-secondary enrollment. Their future, our economy and our democracy depends on it. So thank you all for helping to reach out and up to make this goal. Please find the link below which will explain many factors around this effort.
Late Start Agenda (11/19)
7:45-8:10 Tacos, coffee and juice
8:10-8:30 General Business
8:30-8:45 Annotated Bookmarks mini-training - Whole Staff
8:50-9:50 Work in PLCs
- Almost all: Mindset: Dig into chapter 2 and planning for student engagement
- EOC tested Teachers: Essential LPAC work -about 1 hour guided by DLC
- *DLC & his bookclub will meet right after the general business portion of our morning
Covin on Duty
Monday 11-16 A day
- Photo Retakes in Cafeteria on the stage
Tuesday 11-17 B day
- SEL Superstar Meeting 8-8:30 Outside Chan’s office
- Coffee with the Principal (DLR in as Hopkins in SA for AIE conference)
- Ladies Basketball vs Reagan @ LHS JV 5:30, Var 7 pm
- Viking Wrestling Dual Vs Akins @ Lanier matches all day in main gym
- Custodial Appreciation Luncheon in Goldroom 2-3
Wednesday 11-18 A day
- Head Coaches Meeting in Goldroom 12:15- 1:45
- Thanks giving lunch in the Cafeteria
- Teen Group – Daycare moms lunch 12-1:30 in Goldroom
- Family Fun Night- Parent Pampering
- Boys Basketball vs Lehman @ Lehman Fr 5:30, JV @ 6:15 Var 7 pm
Thursday 11-19 B day
- Late Start Schedule
- Lanier Career Fair (see email from Ms. Snow)
- College and Career Center Event 4;20 to 6:30
Friday 11-20 B day
- Viking Wrestling in Capital Classic at the Delco all day
- Debate Tournament at Round Rock HS for TFA
- Boys Basketball vs Lampasas @ Lampasas Fr /, JV @ 5:15 Var 6:45 pm
- Ladies Basketball vs Hyde Park Baptist @ HPB Var 6:30 pm
- Band Lock in – Band Hall all night
- Saturday School in Library
Monday 11-23 A day
- Teacher Vs Student Volleyball Game 4th period – Fundraiser for the Class of 2016
Tuesday 11-24 B day
- Ladies Basketball vs McCallum @ McCallum Fr 5:30, JV 6:30 Var 8 pm
- Boys Basketball vs Belton @ Belton Fr/JV 5:30 Var 7 pm
Be well, be blessed, and be safe Ya’ll
In the distance...
December 2 - All Staff Special Education Training
Dec 3-6 - Annie production at Lanier!!
Dec 8 - Guitar Recital
Dec 9 - Heart of Texas Training on Campus
Attendance for last week = 91.64 %
A step back, but we are looking for trends to intervene on behalf of. Please continue your work with your House APs, Ms Martin and Jean and by documenting in eCST. As always, let's continue to apply our tested interventions and take good care of the accounting of out students in motion, especially those coming back from missing due to illness and being dropped for non-attendance.
Please click above button to take a tour of Lanier's new sports portal on the web, Laniersports.com. Our amazing coaches are building out pages to highlight the athletes, their great effort, and their many successes. A great thank you to our fans!
Lanier's school newspaper is under new sponsorship & is headed into the 21st century by joining the digital world of SNO, student newspapers online. *Click the button above* to check out our first publication & provide feedback as to what you want.
Calendar Linking in Outlook - repost
- Open the cloud and go to your Outlook email
- Open up your calendar (located in the tiles in the upper left)
- Hoover curser over "other calnder" and RIGHT click
- A text field box will open up > Enter lanier004
- Click enter and it should appear under other calendars