Employee Recognition Program
Nominate a Colleague Today!
Saturday, February 28 is the last day to nominate a colleague for the DEM's Professional Achievement Award and Community Service Award.
DEM's department-wide employee recognition program honors your contributions in the workplace and in the community. Please take the time to consider the people you work with and nominate them for their hard work and dedication.
How to Nominate a Co-Worker
Professional Achievement Award
Presented to an employee who has demonstrated special achievement in an area related to the mission of the Department of Emergency Management. Examples may include:
- Design and/or execution of a complex project, program, or task
- Leadership in the successful resolution of a complex issue
- A staff member who pitches in to help when a co-worker or team member need assistance
- Doing things for others that are beyond job requirements
Community Service Award
- Volunteering with community service organizations
- Organizing a neighborhood, park, or beach cleanup
- Participating in after-school or youth programs
- Helping someone in need outside of their professional duties