NO EXCUSES UNIVERSITY ASSESSMENT RULES
DEFENDING OUR ASSESSMENT PRACTICES
- Why are you participating in the assessments that you use with students?
- Can you share in explicit detail the value that you find in each assessment?
- Do you participate in assessments that you find no value in for students?
- Are you using an assessment you have no idea how to deliver, but are afraid to ask for help with?
1. I believe that assessments will help me determine the progression of each child. I will be able to change how instructions are carried out to ensure that all the students are on the same page.
2. The knowledge of where my students stand academically is very important to me as an educator. The assessments can help improve the information that I lend out to my students in order to be more successful.
3. I have little experience with assessments but I do know from talking with other educators that they are using needless assessments because they are told to. In my own creative mind, I will find a positive outcome for whatever assessments I am told to use.
4. I am new to the educational arena. However, I am not afraid to ask for help, and I am not afraid of trying to figure the assessment and its purpose out; on my own.
My Perspective on "Assessment is not about you as a teacher; it is about your students"
I will be the first person to admit that I am scared to death that I will not be a great teacher. It is a terrifying fact that we must all think about when starting out. But taking the courses that I am taking now has helped me to fully grasp what it is I need to do to help my students benefit from all the knowledge that I have to share.
Teamwork for Assessments
As long as we share why we are doing this, I believe that paves the path to a better outcome for the students.