Volunteer Center Monthly Update
17 Volunteer Managers Complete the Volunteer Management Training Series in September
17 Volunteer Managers participated in an 18-hour Volunteer Management Training Series program in September. The three day program was held on three consecutive Mondays, with content developed by Points of Light (a nationally recognized nonprofit organization promoting a spirit of volunteerism).
Loudoun Cares welcomed Trainer, Debra Bressler, Manager of Volunteer Engagement, from the Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging to deliver this course. Debra has delivered this course since 2007 and continues to bring her experience and valuable lessons to the learning event.
Participants in this training commented when asked what aspects of the training they found most valuable:
- I LOVED this training! I think what I found most effective is the break down of volunteer management into digestible steps. I feel like I can tackle what I need to - from where I am right now.
- The training did an excellent job of showing the potential for a well-developed, large-scale volunteer program, as well as giving the background knowledge and process for someone just starting a program.
The Volunteer Management Training Series program provides Volunteer Managers with the tools and skills to build and fine tune their volunteer management program. This workshop style training is a valuable learning experience for both the novice and experienced Volunteer Manager.
Save the Date for the next Volunteer Management Training Series (registration opening in January 2017):
- Monday, March 13th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Monday, March 20th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Monday, March 27th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM