K.O. Knudson Academy of the Arts
February 5-9 2024
February 6, 2024, Primary Election Polling Site @ KO Knudson
On February 6th, the Election Department will be utilizing our GYM for primary election voting. School IS in session this day, so we will have additional safeguards in place to monitor campus. The election department also has several volunteers on campus and at the front gate to regulate visitors on campus.
Drop your child off on Atlantic St. and avoid KO's parking lot since it will be reserved for voters. Thank you.
As always, please make sure your child wears their school ID every day while on campus so we know they belong to KO.
Versión en español del boletín
Para ver la versión en español, hagan clic en el boletín y luego hagan clic en el botón "Traducir" en la parte superior. Selecciona Español.
6th Grade WIDA Testing
WIDA testing for 6th grade will take place on February 7th and 8th. If you child is testing, please make sure they are in attendance both days.
The WIDA assessment tests English Language Learners in the areas of listening, reading, speaking and listening. It is important that your child tries their best.
Please make sure your child:
- Brings their fully charged Chromebook
- Eats a good breakfast
- Is well rested
Valentine's Day Expectations
VALENTINE'S DAY GIFTS
Please do not allow your child to bring Valentines gifts to school that are too large to fit in a backpack. Items such as, stuffed animals, balloons, baskets, bags, flowers, etc. will be confiscated, as they are not allowed in the classroom. KO Knudson is not be responsible for lost or misplaced items if brought onto campus. Please have students exchange gifts off campus only.
Valentines Music Festival & Dance
THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER FESTIVAL
Dance tickets are $5 and will be sold during both lunches until February 13th.
TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD ON THE 14th; NO EXCEPTIONS!
ALL STUDENTS ATTENDING THE DANCE MUST RETURN A PERMISSION SLIP IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET AND ATTEND THE DANCE.
Please arrange a ride to pick your child up from school as there is only 1 late bus available and will be reserved for clubs and sports students.
- Live DJ
- Students can bring money to purchase concessions
- Snacks and beverages will be sold in addition to wooden roses and other Valentine’s/Palestine’s gifts
Important Dance Information:
- Students can wear Valentines dress on February 14th for Spirit Day, but it must be CCSD dress code appropriate.
- Backpacks will be required to be dropped off in the GYM prior to the music festival.
- Students will be given a bag check tag number and should retain that in order to collect their belongings at the end of the dance.
- Once bags are checked in students will only return to bag check in at the end of the Festival. No back and forth to the GYM is allowed.
- Once students leave the dance they will not be admitted back into the dance. Students are not allowed to leave campus, or go to the park or nearby business and come back for any reason.
- All students should either walk home or HAVE A PARENT PICK UP BY 3:45pm.
If you would like to donate food & beverages for the dance, please contact Jessica Cimino at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 6-8: Walker Furniture Reading Reimagined Competition
Walker Furniture invites all CCSD middle school students to submit a call for entry to Reading Reimagined, a literary and visual art competition. Each student is asked to write a short book report and create an illustration based on their favorite or most engaging book read during Nevada Reading Week.
- WRITING - We encourage students to write a book teaser providing a sneak peek into the story and its characters to create interest and excitement.
- ILLUSTRATION - Please do not recreate any of the art illustrations from the book. Rather, we invite you to create your unique interpretation of the most intriguing aspect of the book.
Please review the attached flyers for important details and remind students to include both the guidelines and the book report template when submitting. Entries must be received in the Community Engagement Department Location #145 (Attn: Jeniffer Calimbahin) by Friday, March 8, 2024.
Soccer Season Information
If your child is interested in trying out for SOCCER, complete your registration NOW at https://www.registermyathlete.com/login/ if you have not already completed it for this school year. If you have completed RMA for a different sport, please make sure you have also selected soccer as a sport.
All paperwork and registration is DUE BY February 23, 2024! No late submissions will be accepted.
Step-by-Step Instructions: Click below
Once fully registered, your athlete will be eligible to try out for the team.
Basketball Games and Schedule
Guidelines for attending home basketball games
1. Student tickets are $1 and all students MUST have their ID badge ON to buy a ticket and must wear it all night at the game. Students must have a ride home no later than 6:30pm.
2. Students are not allowed to stay on campus until 4:00pm. They must leave and get a ride back to the game.
3. Students and visitors will stay in the gym area and are not expected to roam campus during a game.
4. The 900 restrooms will be utilized during games for visitors.
5. Non-KO students can only attend WITH a parent/guardian and they must have their CCSD school ID to buy a ticket and must wear it at the game.
6. CCSD employees are free and do not need to purchase a ticket if they have their ID.
7. Parents and sibling tickets are $3. Siblings are welcome but must attend and be escorted by a parent/guardian.
Homelessness Exists, Empathy Amplifies
Please review the flyer below with your child. Carefully review each section. There are additional resources provided below to guide your discussion with your child. We want our students to exhibit these empathy and safety values within our school and community.
Rave Review Program
This program is for employees who have demonstrated excellence in character,
performance, and service. Fellow employees, parents/guardians, students, and
community members are all eligible to nominate an employee.
If you would like to nominate a K.O staff member please click the link below.
IN THE COMMUNITY
This event will be held at the Historic Westside Strong Future Center! Students will learn how to turn their songs into digital format! Food, drinks and prizes will also be provided. Be sure to sign-up using this Registration Link.