Spike's Friday Flyer
SPECIAL SUNDAY EDITION!
Spirit Week: Send your pictures or submissions to email@example.com (to possibly be posted on the EY website and YS social media) and firstname.lastname@example.org (to possibly be posted on the EY PTO Facebook page).
March 23- Math and Music Monday
- Wear something with a number, shape, or pattern.
- https://mashupmath.com/blog/free-math-riddles-for-kids - fun math riddles/brain teasers
- Tumble Math- Books based on math- company offering free service, Username: tumble2020 password: A3b5c6
- Write or sing songs with your loved ones
- Get creative and make music with some everyday household items
- Hide an object and have students “code” directions on how to find it (example: three steps north (up), 5 steps w (left), etc.)
- Practice those math facts!
March 24- Let’s get CRAZY
- Crazy hair day-come up with creative crazy hair styles
- Find items from the recycling bin and create something new
- Loved ones: Put items in a paper bag and call it a “Mystery Build”
- Students can write a story or description about their creation and builds
March 25- Workout Wednesday
- How are you keeping active and physically fit?
- Daily Kid Workouts
- Make a healthy snack or help your loved one cook dinner
- Create an Indoor/Outdoor Scavenger Hunt. What was on your list?
March 26- EY Spirit: Wear your EY shirt
- Remember….Kindness Matters
- Let us know what act of kindness you performed for a loved one today
March 27- Field trip Friday: Go on a virtual field trip with your family.
- The Cincinnati Zoo is doing a live video each day at 3:00 featuring one of their animals. They also provide a fun educational activity for kids to complete that goes along with the animal lesson from the day.
- https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams The Monterey Bay Aquarium has live cams and videos where you can “meet the animals” and learn all about them!
- Links to over 30 virtual tours
- Write a story about your adventures
East York’s Version of March Madness...School-wide Reading Competition
Which “team” can read the most books? The winning team will get a sweet treat when we return to school!
Here are the “brackets!”
- 3rd grade vs. 4th grade
- 5th grade vs. Staff
Here are some reading resources
- Tumble Book Library Username: eybooks password: spike
- https://www.storylineonline.net/ - famous people read aloud children’s books
Everytime your child reads a book, please complete the log linked here!
Resources/Links to Share with Parents
https://mashupmath.com/blog/free-math-riddles-for-kids - fun math riddles/brain teasers
https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/- lots of activities and resources
Art for Kids Hub - youtube channel for learning how to draw different things
Snapology’s FB page is offering different Lego building contests each day
Junior Library Guild Online library
World Book Online District subscription- Username: yorksuburban password: trojans
Fact Monster- Free online almanac
Coding/Typing LInks to share: