The Crissman Connection
September 25, 2017
Open House Week
Hello Crissman Families,
I hope all of you are looking forward to this beautiful weekend! The weather is supposed to be in the upper 80s!
I wanted to invite all of you to our Open House this week on Wednesday (K-2) and Thursday (3rd-6th) at 7:00pm. Open house will start in the gymnasium. After our opening presentation, there will be two rotations of classroom visitations. Tentative times for classroom presentations include: 7:30-7:50pm (1st rotation) and 7:55-8:15pm (2nd rotation).
The staff and I are very excited to share all the fabulous things your child will be learning this year and how each teacher structures his/her classroom.
We are looking forward to a great evening!
Looking into next week...
Book Fair starts Monday! Students will shop during their assigned time. Parents will also have an opportunity to shop during both evenings of Open House.
Monday- Eisenhower Marching Band visits Crissman!
Wednesday- Roarin' with Respect Assembly- One student from each classroom will be awarded for showing respect this month!
Friday- TGIF :)
I wanted to go ahead and review the parking lot procedures for our school. I know that many of you may already know these procedures; however, it is always a great reminder for our families. If you are completely new to Crissman, please take a minute or two to read the parking lot procedures. We are hopeful that the information below will help to clarify any questions or concerns you may have. Attached you will also find a diagram that indicates the student drop off zone and the route to follow.
1) Use the student drop off zone located to the left of the parking lot entrance from 8:45 - 9:05 am. Please do not enter the bus loop during this time as it’s unsafe and causes additional congestion in the parking lot.
2) Student Drop-Off Lane: Move all the way to the back of this area (near the dumpsters/playground) and pull up next to the orange traffic cones. Once you arrive at the orange cones, please have your child exit the vehicle quickly and do not linger so that the next car may proceed in a timely manner. Please do not enter the area past the cones as this is a designated student pathway during this time. When your child has exited the car, please continue the “loop” around the end of the lot (in front of the dumpster/playground) and exit to Wolf Drive.
3) Kindergarten through second grade will use the sidewalk and proceed to the front of the building to line up with their classes. Third grade through sixth will use the side door, directly in front of the drop off zone, and line up with their classes.
4) Parking in the Subdivision- Please do not park on the street where you see signs that say “No parking, Stopping, or Standing”. If you can read the sign when you are parking, do not park there OR if you are between the two signs, do not park there. Double Parking- Please do not park on both sides of the street. Our buses need to get through. The Shelby Township Police can give you a ticket.
Thank you so much for your patience and support! I know the goal of student safety is one we all share.
As always, if you arrive past 9:00 am, please accompany your child to the office and sign them in.
CRISSMAN SPIRIT WEAR IS HERE! Please see attachment for ordering...
So excited about our Superhero Run!
*Book Fair This Week*
Hello Crissman Families!!
Book Fair begins TODAY ! Your child's time is attached. You are more than welcome to come shop with your child.
In order to make the fair run smoothly, I've attached some quick reminders.
- Book Fair is only open during school hours. IT will be closed during lunch.
- Please make sure you send money to cover Michigan Sales Tax for your child's purchases.
- If you send a check, please indicate an amount your child can spend.
- There are other items besides books. If you want your child to purchase BOOKS ONLY, please indicate that.
- Please remind your child to make GOOD BOOK CHOICES, as there are no refunds or exchanges.
- The fair will do a LAST CALL Thursday AM for students who forgot money. IT WILL NOT BE OPEN FRIDAY
- The fair will be open to PARENTS during BOTH Open House nights. It will begin after the gym presentation and will close after the 2nd classroom presentation. Students will not be able to shop without a parent present.
- Book Fair Shopping Time: Book Fair Shop Times.jpg
Any questions or concerns can be sent directly to me at Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not reply to this email message.
Happy reading and thanks for supporting the fair.
BAGEL Sale & Spirit Day on Wednesday, October 11th
Wear Crissman Cougar Spirit Wear!
Purchase a bagel for only $1.00
Flavors are: Cinnamon Sugar, Chocolate Chip, Plain, Salt , and Pizza bagel (parmesan/herb)
Have your child bring the money to school on October 11th.
Bagels are delivered to each classroom first thing in the morning. Students can choose their bagel flavor.
Interested in trying Karate?
Half Day Dismissal - 12:04 pm
Full Day Dismissal - 3:50pm
This year we will be having two lunch shifts. The first shift will start at 12:00pm. The grades that will be in the first shift are AIM, kindergarten, 1st, and 5th grade. The second shift will start at 12:25pm. The grades that will be eating are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade.
Our PTA works together for our students! Here's the link to their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CrissmanPTA/