Stafford Spartan Library
3rd 6 weeks Newsletter
Our author visit with Lindsay Cummings was a hit! Her book The Fires of Caulderon is amazing and is great for all middle school ages. In her words, it is a mash up of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. Having already read it, I would highly recommend it! (Picture is of Mrs. Ericson's 8th grade GT class with the author.)
Overdue and Lost Books
As we near the end of the semester, we still have many books that are overdue and have been since the beginning of the year. Here is a little bit about Stafford's policy for overdue and lost books:
- Mrs. Lassley will not consider a book lost until it is 3 months past the due date. (Example: A book with the due date of 9/15 will not be considered lost until 12/15. The only time Mrs. Lassley changes this is when it is nearing the end of the school year.)
- If a student comes to me saying they have a lost book, Mrs. lassley will let them checkout one book at a time so that they have something in ILA to read during this 3 month waiting period.
- If a student forgot their overdue books at home, they cannot check out until they bring them back.
- Once the book is marked as lost, you can pay for it. 90% of the time lost books come back. It is hard for me to give a refund, so that is why we wait.
- We have a great online system where you can pay for lost books. It is on www.funds4books.com with the school code of 12b4. We round down in the amount. So a $12.99 book is $12.
- If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Lassley anytime.
Holidays and Overdrive
As the traveling starts for the holidays, we remind your kids that Overdrive is available everywhere! You can download while in WiFi and then get in the car and go. There are so many great eBooks and audiobooks available and it is completely free! Click here for the Overdrive website. (Your child will need to login in using their library number to see everything.)