Parent Newsletter - Issue #306 - February 7, 2021
This Week in Tiger Territory
Monday, February 8 (B Day)
- Baseball @ Bridgeland F/JV (Away) 4:00/6:30 (Scrimmage)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Bridgeland @ THS 4:30 (Scrimmage)
Tuesday, February 9 (A Day)
Tiger Tuesday: Trendy Tuesday-Favorite latest fashion trend @ths_tigers #tigerpride365 (TPP)
- Tennis @ Katy ISD JV (Away)
- Softball vs. Foster @ THS 4:30/6:00 (Scrimmage)
- Band Parking Lot performance 4:30 pm
- Boys Soccer @ Elkins 5:30/7:30
- Girls Soccer vs. Elkins @ THS 5:30/7:30
- Boys Basketball vs. Bush @ Wheeler 6:00 pm
- ProGrad Yar Sign Distribution 4:00-5:00 PM in the student parking lot
Wednesday, February 10 (B Day)
College Wear Wednesday @ths_tigers #tigerpride365 (TPP)
Thursday, February 11 (A Day)
- Track Meet @ Marshall
- Girls Basketball PLAYOFF game @ Merrell Center vs. Katy Tompkins 5:00 pm
Friday, February 12 (B Day)
On Fridays we wear RED!! @ths_tigers #tigerpride365 (TPP)
- Track Meet @ Cy-Springs
- Baseball @ Cinco Ranch 4:00/6:00 (Scrimmage)
- Boys Soccer vs. Ridge Point @ THS 5:30/7:30
- Girls Soccer @ Ridge Point 5:30/7:30
Saturday, February 13
- JROTC Drill Team @ Pasadena HS
Monday, February 15
President's Day-No School
Congratulations to the Travis Tiger Swim team!
This past weekend the Boys and Girls Swim Teams competed in the District Meet. Due to COVID, UIL narrowed qualifications to Top 4 advancing to the Regional Meet. For those not aware, we compete in 24 different events with 3 events being relay events. Every athlete shaved off time in their individual events for personal best times. We will be heading to the Regional Meet this upcoming weekend in Cy- Fair. A total of 300 athletes swam this past weekend and these are the Top 10 results for our Travis Tigers.
· 7th place Girls 200 Medley Relay (Megan, Emma, Savanna, Cassidee)
· 7th place Boys 200 Medley Relay (Diego, Wilks, Andrew, Cesar )
· 2nd place to Meagan in the Girls 200 Free and advancing to Regionals.
· 7th place to Jack in the Boys 200 Free.
· 9th place to Savanna in the 100 Fly.
· 2nd place to Meagan in the Girls 100 Free and advancing to Regionals.
· 8th place to Cesar in 100 Free.
· 4th Place to Cassidee in the 500 Free and advancing to Regionals.
· 9th place to Jack in the 500 Free.
· 5th place to Girls 200 Free Relay (Megan, Niya, Cassidee, and Meagan).
· 6th place to Boys 200 Free Relay (Jack, Andrew, Diego, Cesar).
· 9th place to Savanna in 100 Back.
· 9th place to Diego in 100 Back.
· 4th place to Girls 400 Free Relay (Megan, Audrey, Cassidee, and Meagan) and advancing to Regionals.
· 7th place to boys 400 Free Relay (Jack, Andrew, Diego, Cesar).
School Picture Information
1. F2F student Lifetouch picture packets from January will be distributed on Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February, 9 in the commons at tables by the auditorium during all three lunches.
2. Lifetouch pictures that are not picked up will be available during advisory on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 upstairs by the counselor hallway. An announcement will be made to released students towards the end of the period.
3. On Friday, February 12, 2021 pictures that are not picked up will be delivered to classrooms via an office aide the week of February 15, 2021.
Ø On-line student Lifetouch picture distribution: January picture distribution will take place on Thursday, February 11, 2021 from 3:00 to 6:00 on the bus ramp. February re-take pictures should be available by the end of the month an announced in the parent newsletter will be made when they arrive.
Secondary Students (Grades 6-12) now have access to submit their own Support Portal Incidents
In an effort to enhance our technology support, Fort Bend ISD has given secondary students (Grades 6 - 12) the ability to report application and hardware incidents using the FBISD Support Portal via 1Link.
FBISD Gifted and Talented Mentorship Program Application
From: Nancy Bryant, GT Mentorship Specialist
The GT Mentorship Program is taking applications for the senior class of 2022. Upon selection, students will have the opportunity to develop professional skills, workplace etiquette, conduct original research, work alongside a professional mentor in a career of interest, and explore career options in authentic environments prior to post-secondary entrance. A final informational meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 3, at 7:00 p.m. via this Zoom Link
Travis HS GT Spring Showcase
Travis High School is hosting our first GT Showcase this Spring! Students selected from each grade level will also have the opportunity to represent THS at the District GT Showcase tentatively planned for the week of April 19th.
Who: All GT Students
What: THS GT SHOWCASE
When: Now - March 29th
How: Students will complete or extend projects and submit them by Monday, March 29th at 11:59 p.m.
Steps for you to take:
Think: What would you like to learn more about? How can you explore this idea? What projects have you been working on this year that you could extend?
Complete: Each student must fill out the THS GT Showcase Student Response form by Monday, February 8 at 3 p.m.
Consider: You may choose to extend your research and submit projects which fulfill other requirements (Science fair, GSA Capstone Projects, HOSA projects, or projects submitted for assignments this school year). GT students may also extend research and submit a project which is a current or upcoming assignment.
Plan: Organize your ideas and work on your project. You are responsible for contacting your mentor when you need assistance and respecting his/her schedule, planning and completing your project, and turning it in on time (Monday, March 29th). This project will allow you to practice skills needed for the workplace - responsibility, communication, and adherence to deadlines.
Submit: You will submit a video of no more than five minutes showing and explaining your project. GT students may choose to submit additional documentation/items, as needed. The deadline for submission is Monday, March 29th at 11:59 p.m. More details and submission guidelines will be sent later.
GT students and parents may attend the Zoom meeting for more information.
Betty Roberts is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: THS GT Showcase Information 2021
Time: Feb 9, 2021 04:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 829 1242 7688
Dual Credit Information for Current Juniors (11th grade) Only!
Juniors & Parents!
Course selection is upon us and you now have an additional option – Dual Credit!
Please watch my video to learn just a little more about what dual credit is and what we offer here at THS!
Orientation is mandatory in order to receive the paperwork to take dual credit courses– students MUST attend – parents are welcome to attend the 1st session if they would like but it’s not mandatory for parents! All orientation sessions will be virtual and only open to current 11th graders.
Orientation Dates are:
Students & Parents: Tuesday, 2/2/21 - 6:30pm-7:30pm
Students: Wednesday, 2/3/21 – 8am-8:45am
Students: Thursday, 2/4/21 – 3:30pm-4:15pm
Students: Tuesday, 2/9/21 – 8am-8:45am
Students: Wednesday, 2/10/21 – 8am-8:45am
Please mark your calendars with just ONE of these dates!
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
We will offer 7 Dual Credit Courses for Seniors next year:
1) College Algebra
2) DC English
3) Learning Frameworks
4 & 5) DC Psychology paired with DC Government
6 & 7) DC Sociology paired with DC Economics
Because of the difference in how college classes and our scheduling on a high school campus work those that are paired HAVE to be paired together.
All questions will be answered in the orientation so please make sure you attend one of them if you are interested in taking one or more DC courses next year!
New Office 365 Features for Students
New features are now added to Office 365 for Students
- Planner (A To-Do app used for personal and teamwork planning)
- Stream (An Enterprise Video service where students can view videos shared with them)
- Whiteboard (Provides freeform, intelligent canvas where real-time people, ideas, and content come together)
Assignment of these new features can take up to 48 hours to complete for all student accounts.
No Cost School Meals Curbside
Students, children 18 and younger in the community, and enrolled students with disabilities up to 21 years old are eligible to receive meals at NO COST through the end of this school year!
Curbside meals are available on Mondays and Thursdays of each week at your campus. On Mondays, families may receive meals for Monday through Wednesday, and on Thursdays, they can receive meals for Thursday through Saturday. Dinner meals are available for pickup on those days.
We'd like to ensure students continue to develop healthy eating habits and have access to no cost school meals. Here is the link to a few resources that can be used: Child Nutrition's No Cost Meals Flyers & Resources.
If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to email Briana Garcia at email@example.com for any additional information regarding curbside meals or visit us online at https://www.fortbendisd.com/childnutrition.
Yard Sign Pick-up Tuesday 2/9 in the student parking lot from 4:00-5:00 PM
🛑🐾🛑We still have YARD SIGNS available to Celebrate our Class of 2🐯21 TIGER SENIORS!!🎉
We also have TIGER TERRITORY yard signs available for ALL CLASSES!🐾
These signs are being sold in support of our THS Class of 2021 Project Graduation.
They can be purchased for $25 per sign at the following Sign-Up Genius link. Juniors and Seniors will earn Tiger Bucks for purchasing!🐯💲
📲Click below to place your on-line order:
🗣Please spread the word and share the link with other THS friends and neighbors!🐾
❓For questions, e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
👏🏾Thanks for supporting our THS Seniors!
Class of 2021 Project Graduation (ProGrad) Tiger Bucks Valuation
Senior Students and Parents:
Please review the attached Tiger Bucks Valuation Sheet to fully understand how Tiger Bucks can be earned and later used.
Please stay tuned for updates on how we'll celebrate our Seniors at the end of the year.
(Note: Juniors can also begin earning Tiger Bucks to apply to their senior year.)
❓For questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Thanks for your support to us!!
Save the Date- Graduation
Friday, June 4th, 8am
3335 Hurricane Lane
Missouri City, TX
More details to come!
Student Password Issues
If a student forgets or needs to reset his/her password, please go to my.fortbendisd.com to reset it. If you are having issues and can't seem to navigate the site, please contact Felicia Olivacce, data clerk or Andrea Spina, librarian.
From the Registrar's Office
Verification of Enrollment (for driving purposes)
VOEs take 24 hours to process so please plan accordingly.
Please send Mrs. Charles an email firstname.lastname@example.org to request with a Subject Line: VOE Request.
This QR Code will take you to the VOE website; click Cynthia Charles to get to her email.
Counselor and Administrator Splits
Tenille Pakoejoe, Lead Counselor
Ladale Webster-Lamb (A-Ch)
Monet Newsome (Ci-Go)
Jeanne Andrews (Gr-La)
Cheryl Clark (Le-Ok)
Brenell Young (Ol-Sh)
Tanya Johnson (Si-Z)
Sarah Laberge, Principal
Adrienne Garcia, Associate Principal
Damien Bassett, Assistant Principal (A-C)
Lisa Long, Assistant Principal (D-I)
Derryk Pope, Assistant Principal (J-M)
Tara Baker, Assistant Principal (N-R)
Erik Smith, Assistant Principal (S-Z)