Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
October 31, 2013
We will be beginning our unit on addition/subtraction to 20. Our learning target of: I can add and subtract to 20. We will be working on addition and subtraction facts to 20. I will be teaching a strategy I learned from the conference I attended this week.
I do have some websites to help your child practice adding and subtracting.
Also, feel free to visit my website and go to the writing tab. There are some fun games in green.
Reading / Phonics
We are starting a moon observation book on Monday. Each night it will come home with a different student (this will take all month to complete). Please complete the activity inside the folder and have your child record their observation of the moon when the folder comes home on your night. Please return it the next day. If you do not return it, that will effect the next child from taking the folder home. Thanks for helping us make a book about the moon!
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour on Sunday.
- Field trip is Friday, November 8. Please make sure to pack a lunch if you said you would provide your child with a sack lunch.
- Book Fair begins the week of November 11.
- Thanksgiving dinner is Thursday, November 14. Please RSVP is you plan on attending.
- No school Friday, November 15.
- November 20 is an Early Release Day. School will dismiss at 1:15.
- No School, November 27-29 for Thanksgiving Break.
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - PE
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music