Mrs. Marler's Class Newsletter
September 8th-September 11th
- Math- Rounding to nearest 10 and 100, test on Friday. Students will recieve practice test on Wednesday, please use this to help your student study.
- Reading- Learning more reading response activities, as well as learning to monitor comprehension while reading.
- Writing- Narrative components such as adding dialogue, small actions, and strong imagery into student's stories.
- Social Studies- In-Class project on the regions of S.C on students iPads, and learning about river systems and major cities in S.C
- September 8th-11th: Book Fair (Our Class will be going on Thursday from 9:50-10:15_
- September 10th- Breakfast with Grandparents at 7:00-8:00
- September 11th- Math Test
I understand that this is a learning curve for students, so I will be giving plenty of opportunities for a student to redo an assignment if the expectations haven't been met. Please don't be startled if your students receives a grade that seems to be below than average for him or her. It might take a week or two to understand what is to be expected and how being graded works!
This next few weeks will be very important for students to learn that trying their very best is essential. I look forward to celebrating with your student and all the great accomplishments they will achieve!
- Student's H.W assignments are listed in their green folder for the week.
- Please make sure to go through your child's folder often to view any students work, important paperwork etc.
- This will be the last week before spelling! More information to come.