Lyon News, 10/17/16
Don't Just Look At The Stars---Be One!
One quarter DOWN, 3 to go!
Schedule Outside Your Door
Need Some Tips for Upcoming Conferences?
- Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Tuesday, 11/1 and Thursday, 11/3 evenings. Please do not schedule conferences past 7:45. You can certainly conduct conferences throughout the week, however please do not go past 5:00 p.m.
- Special Class teachers you will need to be here on 11/1 and 11/3. All teachers are required to work an additional 8 hours within the week.
- All conferences need to be face to face. Please see Casey if this isn't feasible.
- Please see Casey or Jeanette prior to Oct. 14 if the above does not work in your schedule.
October Faculty Meeting
Fire Drill Recap
- Please make sure teachers are the last out of the classroom
- Once out of the classroom, students are not allowed to return
Thank you for adapting to the closed route, and coming up with a Plan B.
Please Insert in Upcoming Newsletter
From the Lyon Office:
- Major Saver Fundraiser: The Republic School District discount card sales program benefits schools and patrons alike. The schools, in conjunction with Major Saver, works with businesses throughout the district to offer a $15 discount card providing the customer with 19 local buy-one-get-one-free offers. In most cases, redeeming only two offers offsets the cost of the card. Proceeds from the card campaign go to the participating schools. Discount card sales occur in Republic schools starting Wednesday, October 19th & Thursday, October 20th.
- Breakfast with Books: Breakfast with Books will be held on Thursday, October 20 from 7:30-8:05 a.m. in the Lyon Gym. Lyon students and their families are invited to join us for a fun morning! Students and their families will enjoy muffins and juice while listening to a special guest reader. Parents and students will work together on a writing activity following the reader.
- Student Flu Vaccine Clinic is coming to Republic Schools: The Flu vaccine clinic provided by and in partnership with Jordan Valley Community Health Center (Trudi’s Kids Mobile Medical Unit) and Republic RIII School District will be on campus October 25th and October 27 during the school day. A consent form must be completed for your child to receive the flu vaccine. The vaccine offered this year is the Inactivated Influenza SHOT (no mist) and you may request this form from your building school nurse. ALL students may receive the flu shot at no cost although the consent form reads the clinic is for 'any child that qualifies for the VFC Program.' Lyon students will receive the flu vaccine Tuesday, October 25th, from 1pm-3pm.
- Box Tops Don't forget the entire month of October, we'll have a Box Top drive by grade level again. Interested in the prize this time around???? The money brought in for your grade level will be given to you to spend as a grade level on classroom needs! Keep those tops coming!
- Tuesday: ETS Training during Plan time, SpEd please plan to attend, Specials please do so if available, Faculty Meeting at 3:45, Red Cross Pillowcase project for 3rd-5th
- Wednesday: Make-up Faculty Meeting, 7:15
- Thursday: Breakfast with Books @ 7:30am, Casey out for Cognitive Coaching, Day 3 of 8, Earthquake Drill, ALL GRADES ENTERED BY MIDNIGHT
- Friday: Picture Retakes
- Saturday: Trivia Night, anyone interested in getting a Lyon team together, we need 7 people?
Mailroom: 1st Grade
Teacher Workroom - 5th Grade
Lit K-2 : 2nd Grade
Lit 3-5: 3rd Grade
Watch DOGS: 4th Springston - (FRIDAY) Oct. 21 - WD - Robert Pounds with Caleb