Stanley Avenue School Newsletter
Term 4 Week 2 2021
WELCOME - Nau mai haere mai
Hello, Kia ora, Chomreabsour, Mālo ni, Ni hao, Kia orāna, Talofa lava, Namaste, Hola, Hallo, Chào bạn, Bula Vinaka, Kumusta, Guten Tag, Mālō e lelei , An-nyeong-ha-se-yo, greetings to all our School Families.
2021 has been a very different year for everyone around the world and it is no different for us here at Stanley Avenue!
This year we are unable to run our Traditional Athletics Day, in it's current form due to Covid 19 Restrictions. However, the good news is that the staff have worked really hard and have organised an adapted version of our School Athletics so that our children are still learning, growing, and shining.
For School Athletics 2021 each team (Ruru, Tui, and Pukeko -8 year olds) has run their own Mini Athletics and are putting through the names to John and myself so that we can run each finals event in a timely fashion over the next few weeks here at school. As you are aware we are unable to have parents in for these events and we will publish the results as soon as we have them. We will be taking a very small group down to Herries Park so that we can run our High Jump and Distance Running there. Unfortunately like the majority of clusters in Thames Valley we will not be holding our District Athletics. Additionally, Thames Valley Athletics will not be taking place this year.
A huge thank you to our staff for working so hard to make an adapted form of School Athletics happen and finally another huge thank you to our School Community for your understanding and support.
Nga mihi nui
As you can see in the photos below, our students across the school did a great job. The video below is a good one for junior students to help with any questions they may have.
Cricket Skills with Ryan from Northern Districts Cricket
Ka Pai Ryan
A Message from Waihou Touch Committee.
Touch starts tonight.
Unfortunately, Covid restrictions (newly updated) have meant it may not be the same event you know from past years. BUT we are committed to giving our children a fun event to end the year on. 🏉
With the latest restrictions meaning we need to keep numbers under 100.
We have decided to make it clear what the rules are and what we need to do to make this event happen.
- Only students, manager and coach will be allowed on the field from each team.
- · In addition to this one nominated person from each school i.e. teacher, principal or parent delegate
- All coaches, managers, referees, committee members, volunteers or delegates will need to have the first vaccination. (This includes college student referees - we realise this may seem unfair but in our attempt to comply and keep everyone safe we feel college students are entering a new bubble with primary school children)
- We will have two separate fields which will have separate entrances/exits - no crossing over except through proper gates
- No entry until the teams prior have left the field
- Allocated helpers will be required for gate duty (to help with recording) please make this easy on us and put your hand up to help. We will set a roster.
- Spectators will not be allowed to enter the gates as the limit to numbers includes spectators – spectators are able to wait in their vehicles or in specific marked areas or alternatively the club rooms will be open – all of these will require social distancing to be observed.
- Please wear masks in the car park and when entering the club rooms and maintain social distancing of 1m
- A map will be posted on our facebook page with the draw showing entry and exit points.
Hopefully, this is all unnecessary and we move alert levels soon.
Ang, Fraser and the Waihou touch committee
Te Aroha Basketball Association 75th Reunion - Nov. 6
Plans are well underway and include Guest Speaker Dillon Boucher who is a past NZ representative and is the newly appointed Chief Executive of NZ Basketball.
We look forward to catching up with past players, coaches, and interested others. To register log onto Te Aroha Basketball Association then go to Events. Click on the reunion details to the registration page, OR go through Facebook.