Mrs. Asher's First Grade News
Week of April 4, 2016
another, ask, because, change, different
* As we read books this week we focused a lot on how characters felt and how their feelings change within a story to help us comprehend.
* We also worked on identifying the lesson a character may learn or the lesson the author may be trying to teach us.
* Students have been introduced to the acronym "RAP" to help improve their written comprehension responses when they respond to questions about books they read. They learned that R=Restate the question, A=Answer All parts of the question, and P=Prove your answer with details from the book. It is especially important that when students answer questions, orally or in writing, that they answer the question and be able to prove their answer citing evidence from the text. You may have your child RAP for you as you ask them questions about books they read at home.
Baby Bengal Bash
- April 12 -Field Trip to the Museum of Life and Science
- April 22 -Baby Bengal Bash 5:30-7:30
- May 20 - Fairytale Tea Party come at 1:10 and we will start at 1:20
- May 27 - Field Day 9:30-12:00
- May 30 - No School
- May 31 - Meet the Teacher for Track 1 5:15-6:45
- June 3 - Last Day of School for Track 1 and Report Cards Go Home