C&CC Monthly Newsletter
Senior Information Guide for the Class of 2023
Getting Ready for Next Year? Seniors and anyone else, too.
- Visit Colleges. Determine the size, type, cost, location that is right for you.
- Make a list of colleges that appeal to you. What are their requirements and deadlines?
- Create your FSA ID for you and your parent so you can submit your FAFSA early.
- Build your Activities Chart/Resume. Any college application, scholarship or job will need this. Who are you on paper?
- Save photos, documents, brochures showing how you have been involved and engaged.
- Get a job. This shows your level of responsibility.
- Research future careers. What would you like to do in your future, and what will it take to get there?
- Ask for letters of recommendation. Teachers, employers, pastors etc. are great people to ask. Give them your Activities Chart and your letter will be much better!
Taking these steps over the summer will save you an incredible amount of effort later. You will be so glad you prepared!
Shooting Star Adventure Camps
A traditional overnight summer camp enriching the lives of young women through outdoor adventure, community connections, and leadership opportunities.
Wilderness Skills Day Camp
Learn real-life wilderness skills to use next time family goes camping- Co-ed
Jr. Naturalist Day Camp
Observe nature while learning wilderness navigation, native plant and animal ID, and leave no trace principles. Co-ed
INVITE * IGNITE * INSPIRE
- Hose Handling Skills
- Auto Extraction
- Search & Rescue
- Aerial Ladder Climbs
- Chainsaw Skills
- Interview preparation & more
Tualatin- July 15-17