MAPS Online Academy
September 30, 2020
Today marks our 15th day of school! Thank you for your partnership and support for your student/s. The staff is working diligently to create a positive environment for all learners. During the first two full weeks of school, we have spent the majority of our time helping students navigate Google Meets, SeeSaw, Google Classroom and getting to know one another and the routines of distance learning in the fall. One of our main goals is to help students become independent workers and thinkers. We have high social and academic expectations for your student/s and we will help your student be successful this school year. You are an integral part of your student's education! Thanks for your continued support in this crazy school year!
Tips in Google Meet
● Find a comfortable spot to sit.
- It is best to keep your device on a steady surface if possible.
- Make sure your background is school friendly and quiet.
When the meeting starts:
● Mute your device by clicking the microphone button.
- Turn on your camera.
During the meeting:
● Be patient, this is a learning experience for everyone.
● Be engaged. Nod or give thumbs up when others are speaking.
● Unmute your microphone when your teacher asks you to talk. Mute your device again when you are done speaking.
● Even though we are not in our school building, our school rules and expectations still apply.
Guest Teachers for Distance Learning
1. What makes it look and sound safe on the bus?
2. Where is the best place to be when waiting for a bus?